Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Every night but Friday has new episodes of shows. That’s better than nothing.

3 Likes

It’s not that much different to their ratings season schedule.

I guess. It’s just aside from ‘The Secret Life of 4 Year Olds’, nothing really (IMO) sticks out about it compared to what is usually shown at this time of the year

To be fair, they do have some new programming on the Boss and the Peach, not as much as 9 have on Go but there’s still a few things in the schedule to watch.
Issue I have with 10 is their scattergun approach to programming, almost like they hope the viewer is paying enough attention to follow shows shapeshifting their way around the schedule of their various channels. Graham Norton, for example, feels like he’s had 17 different time slots in the last month.

1 Like

Is that because 16 of them are repeats? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There’s a few repeat/encore slots yeah. Ok, maybe not quite 17 different but it does feel like it’s forever bloody on! :joy: I like Norton but don’t need to see the same ep 4 times in a week. Just thought it was a show that highlighted 10 are still a bit light on (hopefully not in the same boat in 12 months time) and that when a show fails it comes across sometimes like they’ve thrown a dart to fill that slot.

Which is equally as dire at times.

Nevertheless good to see Secret Life of Four Year Olds and How to Stay Married continue. Both are good shows.

Turns out they have done just this.

There is a Cook’s Christmas Pantry (with former MasterChef contestant Matt Sinclair) special slated for Saturday 15th December at 7pm.

It’s so sad tv is so bad at this time of the year. Advertisers would be yelling out for something decent to promote products before the biggest buying time of the year. I would love to see a massive 4 weeks from networks at this time of the year.

3 Likes

Why doesn’t 10 run a summer series of The Living Room on Friday nights instead? Seven has Better Homes and Gardens summer series for the past few years.

1 Like

It surprises me they didnt try and screen it at sat 7:30pm on Monday 10th instead

It airs on Saturday on a Monday?

Another reason why we should not have non-ratings period.

3 Likes

It sure is. The weekly junk mail in the letterbox has increased with brochures from retailers who don’t usually send them out during the year.

It is. Just has been ignored by the tv networks for years which makes no sense. Could you imagine if networks went all out for those 4 weeks before Christmas.

1 Like

It’s all well and good to say there should be better programming on-air at this time of year and as a viewer, I’d tend to agree. But you have to remember that the networks (especially Ten - don’t you remember how dire of a situation they were in until CBS became their knight in shining armour?) don’t have the bottomless pit of money that’s needed to run full-on “ratings season” programming 52 weeks a year.

Infact at the moment, unfortunately it seems like the commercial networks barely have enough cash for 32 weeks of decent programming a year!

1 Like

Stop making excuses for them. This sort of thinking is what is making them lose viewers to streaming and pay TV services. They just need to manage their money better.

Look at how many viewers thet lost in this week compared to last week. In the other places around the world they are are no longer treating summer as a wasteland and instead are scheduling programs to keep viewers on FTA. We need to do the same here.

3 Likes

And yet going by the attitude of some here, they still think 10 is doing well. That schedule hardly looks ‘premium’.

3 Likes

When they rely on so many imports to fill in the prime time slots it certainly is not. Especially when so many are so poor.

2 Likes

Back when the main channel wasn’t rating in the single digits most nights of the week?

5 Likes