Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

It is currently in the schedule for 10Boss

2 Likes

Of course it wasn’t. The network orders a certain number of episodes and the production meets that, if this season has been shorter than usual then it’s because 10 asked or agreed for it to be shorter.

4 Likes

Sorry, no. The network isn’t having its schedule turned over on the whim of a reality show contestant. Reality TV is far from reality.

8 Likes

Looks like Game of Games is out of next week’s schedule and Graham Norton is slotting into 7:30. Pathetic really but not surprising that they’re out of content, again.

I don’t think that’s the case. 10 should really look into ordering more episodes of Bachelorette/Survivor/Bachelor/Ambulance/Masterchef or whatever else they have in the schedule that works so that it stretches into non-ratings. At least they wouldn’t run out of content.

I think it’s more like 10 wants to get rid of the Bachelorette quickly. Maybe this decision was made before cricket rights were sealed (given how 10 plays dead every summer until BBL from 2013-2018)?

1 Like

I don’t really like the idea of stretching out the reality shows. I just think ten is short one tentpole at 7:30. Perhaps the apprentice or the amazing race could fill the void. Or even a totally different show. Not sure on the laws behind having cameras in jail but would love to see 10 regular Australians be put behind bars without parole officers knowing etc. could make for interesting viewing.

oh ffs. here we are again with the ‘how can ten’s cupboard be bare’ … ‘this is lazy programming’

yadda yadda.

it has only been twelve months.

2 Likes

And next year it will only be 24 months :stuck_out_tongue:

But in defense of 10, and I am not inclined to use the whole takeover excuse, is that I think Ten were relying on winning the cricket deal. The fact they lost that means they didn’t have much planned for this time of the year, they really only had 4 months to suddenly accumulate content. There is only so much content you can get in 4 months.

2 Likes

Graham Norton is good content so no they are not out of content.

1 Like

Update

Friday 16 November
08:30 pm Ambulance Australia Rpt

Sunday 18 November
07:30 pm The Graham Norton Show S24 Ep07 Guests: Sir Ian McKellen, Carey Mulligan, Taron Egerton and Michael Buble
08:30 pm NCIS S16 Ep07
09:30 pm NCIS Rpt
10:30 pm Elementary S6 Ep17

I don’t like the sound of that title.

:thinking:

1 Like

Me either. Don’t know why Ten felt the need to change the title from it’s original ‘Jamie Cooks Italy’.

I think a lot more people would watch a show with that title, to be honest. Jamie and The Nonnas sounds daggy.

1 Like

He is one of the best talk show hosts and one of the only talk show hosts in the world that is able to attract a wide array of talent. I also think his show is good content.

4 Likes

Yeah it sounds like something your grandparents would watch.

I feel that way about Graham Norton :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ten should use more content from The Late Show with Stephen Colbert & The Late Late Show with James Corden in prime time over summer to build awareness of these programs. They both get great guests (Hugh Jackman last night on Colbert) and while not all known in Australia, a weekly best of program of both shows @ 7:30 Wednesday/Thursday I reckon could get an audience. Its fresh content as these shows only take a brief break over Christmas/ New Year and presumably free given they are CBS shows.
Would also warm the audience for 10 to become more of a ‘talk’ network with Rove coming back and could work in the non Rove period next year as filler

1 Like

I don’t see why 10 would’ve changed the title, maybe it’s the local distributor… titles changes all over the world for movies and TV based on local market… that said, it makes no sense given I’m looking at the book on my hall stand which clearly states “Jamie Cooks Italy”

2 Likes

Saturday TBA has been filled with The Secret Life of 4 Year Olds Encore