Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

I’m surprised none of us picked up on this earlier, but the 60 Minutes logo used in those images was actually the one previously used by the Nine Network Australia of the show. Surely CBS would have access to high quality versions of the 60 Minutes logo their version of the program actually uses! :wink:

2 Likes

It got 1.5 million with a 0.5 in the demo and that was only the pilot. From what I am reading online most hated it, so expect it to drop heavily next week. And Charmed does not have a Netflix deal to prop it up if it flops.

Notice that Saturday nights schedule is wall to wall repeats on both Ten and Eleven yet One is airing the A-League… would it make sense for Ten to try and make the A-League into something bigger than it is? Saturday’s are already atrocious for them so they should try build the audience for the A-League on the primary channel!

2 Likes

Don’t forget the encore omnibus of Pointless on Eleven from 12 noon on the following Sundays, so Pointless is actually aired 3 times a week! :astonished:

If you read the whole thing you’ll notice that I had listed Pointless in the Sunday encores already.

I don’t think the contract allows this.

That seems odd… the A-League bosses would rather have their sport aired on a multichannel rather than a primary?!
For TEN at least it would be worth a shot!

1 Like

Updated
Saturday 27 October
Sydney, Melbourne
04:55 pm Rugby: Australia v New Zealand
07:00 pm Bondi Rescue

Brisbane
03:55 pm Rugby: Australia v New Zealand
06:00 pm TBA

Adelaide
04:25 pm Rugby: Australia v New Zealand
06:30 pm Territory Cops
07:00 pm Bondi Rescue

Perth
05:00 pm Ten Eyewitness News
06:00 pm TBA

All
07:30 pm TBA
08:30 pm NCIS: New Orleans S5 Ep 01 and 02 Season 5 Premiere
10:30 pm TBA

Ten News will be on ONE at 5pm in all markets except Perth.

3 Likes

It’s probably more to do with the agreement with foxtel rather than the A-Leauge. It’s likely they have all rights and the option to onsell them to whoever they want and may have been able to dictate the terms such as only airing on a multichannel so it wasn’t in HD to give them the upper hand.

3:55pm? :wink:

Oops - yes I was reading 15:55pm

1 Like

Fox Sports wouldn’t allow it.

I’m wondering if that 7:30pm slot on Saturday is the new series Magnum PI that just announced as a full series today.

1 Like

Strange decision - News would rate a lot higher than Rugby in Melbourne and Adelaide

With TEN Eyewitness News being aired in eastern states on ONE, i dare say they still keep the TEN Logo when broadcasting the news.

Was that in doubt?

They’ve always kept the Ten logo when the news has been on One.

4 Likes

Really?

But for Perth viewers, I am hoping that there will be the updated scores for the Australia v All Blacks match.

Ugh. Straight to Eleven would be a better idea.

If it was on a multi-channel it would be better suited to ONE.

1 Like

Ten’s main channel just under 5% last night, encores of underperforming shows as expected not doing them any favours at all.

To put that channel share in context, ABC News Channel rated the same as Ten and 9Gem and 9Go! rated higher.

6 Likes