Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

:thinking:

Undoubtedly they don’t have nearly enough content currently, but to say they’ve given up on Sundays isn’t all that fair in my opinion as they generally run Celebrity & MasterChef on Sundays for a decent number of weeks throughout the year along with Survivor last year, Bachelor in Paradise this year etc.

They launched Sports Tonight on Sundays a few months back (albeit hasn’t really worked as planned I presume), The Sunday Project over a year ago (arguably doing better than Modern Family repeats) and are about to launch Sunday Night Takeaway early next year… hmm

I think they have given up on Sundays for the rest of the year. But I do think they have tried this year on Sundays.

I just really think Ten need to get some fresh content on Saturdays first.

3 Likes

Sports Tonight has been a disaster. Lisa Wilkinson on The Project has been mediocre at best in terms of ratings. Bachelor in Paradise and Masterchef did okay. Celeb was down and last. Russel Coight was a beacon of hope. Street Smart flopped. At this point in time you would have to say they have given up and I don’t blame them.

1 Like

And nothing has been sighted of any new program from Wilkinson, not even a sniff.

2 Likes

I raised this months ago and was berated for daring to suggest she was a waste of money. I maintain that to-date she has been.

2 Likes

Doesn’t lisa do stuff behind the scenes with ten daily? I wouldn’t say it has been a waste of money , I still think we will see more of her next year. I wouldn’t give up hope yet.

As for the schedule nothing out of that really interests me to keep me glued to Ten. As for Sports tonight,I usually do a catch up the next day.

She is Executive Editor for the site and writes opinion pieces fairly regularly also.

I agree, I think Lisa was very clear that she wanted some time to bed in her position within The Project and she also took on the additional role with ten daily. Ten also mentioned in their press release that other projects would be announced later, so I think we might be able to expect to hear something at their upfronts in October.

2 Likes

Just because things have failed or been mediocre doesn’t mean they haven’t tried like you were suggesting above…

2 Likes

You do not understand what I am saying. They have tried. I listed examples. I’m saying they’re not trying now and appear to have given up because they’ve scheduled movies. Does that make sense?

The fact you pointed out the ratings for Sundays made it sound like they didn’t try hard enough. But I agree with what you are saying about this last part of the year.

1 Like

They don’t have any other content because of the situation the network was in (which they’re working on now) so if that’s giving up to you then sure… :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Isn’t Blind Date ready? No option to fast track US content from CBS? Couldn’t run Survivor on another night? I hope they’re not airing Mean Girls after the Bathurst 1000…

1 Like

It makes sense if you would rather Ten air Graham Norton repeats and NCIS repeats for weeks on end. Murdoch and Gordon were effectively running the network into the ground so they could take it over - when the Ten shares were suspended, they were something like 16 cents per share. The cupboard is bare because Fox withdrew all supply arrangements and were bitter over the handling of Ten’s debts by new owners CBS.

Blind Date was still filming until just last month I believe, may still be a little while away yet. Game of Games is being promoted as coming soon, I imagine that will probably go on Sundays from the 30th September perhaps?

They also have Secret Life of 4 Year Olds and How To Stay Married to come this year.

1 Like

No I think they might be considering airing “The Best Of Crawfords Classics” - oh sorry that probably just Bruce Gordon and Andrew Lancaster – :wink:

Just kidding!!!

1 Like

The McCartney special already aired here, probably a fair reason for it not to rate. Aired on Eleven at 10pm, cant renember when.

Survivor is sold to Nine, they run it on GO.

American content does not rate, we’ve seen that.

And perhaps the rest of 2018 is being written off, ready for a clean slate in 2019… they’re first quarter is kicking off early January I hear.

3 Likes

Australian Survivor airs on Ten, I wasn’t suggesting playing primetime US version on a Sunday at 7.30.

1 Like

Ten are again broadcasting the Blackmores Sydney Running Festival 2018 race again this weekend on Sunday from 7:00 - 10:00am on their main channel.

Two-time Olympian and Athletics Australia ambassador, Eloise Wellings, will join the world-renowned commentary team comprising of Olympic legend and former World Record holder, Steve Ovett, Australian Olympian Steve Moneghetti and sports commentator Ian Cohen for the Blackmores Sydney Marathon.

2 Likes

My household looking very much forward to Playing For Keeps premiering this week on Ch 10.

Since Offspring (axed? another hiatus?) Ten need a good drama slate and one that resonates with their key demos. Brock didn’t to that well and Wake In Fright crashed and burned.