Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Best of Studio 10

No takers?? might be better left for morning TV

Best of Channel 10… oh… now what for 7:45pm??

If they get desperate they have always got the 50 year of network ten special from a few years ago

Classic.

I’m surprised that Ten didn’t have any new big promos or air dates to announce today/tonight during the F1/Bachelor in Paradise considering both shows could’ve delivered lots of eyeballs.

Also when do we think that Roseanne will air? I’m willing to predict it will go on Thurs nights when Gogglebox finishes up in a couple of weeks time.

There was just a Masterchef promo.

2 Likes

I stand corrected

Ambulance

The Stories Behind The Sirens.

Premieres Saturday 21 April

Network Ten is thrilled to announce the arrival of the outstanding new documentary series Ambulance, a fly-on-the-wall insight into the daily efforts of emergency workers in some of the world’s largest and most populous cities, premiering on Saturday 21 April, only on TEN and WIN Network.

From the high-pressure control room to the dedicated crews on the streets, each extraordinary episode will go beyond the flashing lights to provide a gripping and authentic look at the demands and dilemmas faced by first responders.

In the premiere episode of Ambulance, the London Ambulance Service is forced to bump patients down the queue so they can prioritise causalities, deal with time-wasters and cope with the ever-present threat that a major incident is just an emergency call away.

An ordinary day in the world of Ambulance can quickly change from a life saved to a life lost in the space of minutes. For those employed in emergency services, tending to victims of car accidents, overdoses, suicide attempts and cardiac arrests is all part of a day’s work.

Every moment is a matter of life or death. Each call is a desperate race against the clock. Not every call can be answered. Go on duty with the London Ambulance Service when Ambulance premieres Saturday 21 April, only on TEN and WIN Network.

2 Likes

I saw the promo last night during Bachelor, looks quite good but almost could be something you would expect to see on ONE, a local Australian version of something like this could be a good idea down the track considering we have every cop/airport show under the sun available on other networks.

1 Like

I am a little bit surprised Ten haven’t tried it as a teaser this week - especially given Nine is offering RBT at 7:30pm on Wednesday - possibly the ideal time for this program to try and attract viewers then moving it to Saturdays from 21 April

1 Like

I know things are bad at Ten and CBS is just keeping the lights on but to give this 2016 UK show any promotion let alone a primetime slot on the main channel is a new low. It’s multichannel filler and already fully available on Youtube.

CBS aren’t just keeping the lights on.

1 Like

All I am saying is it is an expendable asset. Back in the day when Cops first aired on TV, if we had multi-channels back then, many would of said to put Cops on a multi-channel and the same thing could have been said about prime time infotainment such as Burkes Backyard and Better Homes And Gardens and the reality shows that have flooded our screens.

I don’t know about it being a new low… look at other UK series such as Airline and Airport that Nine have screened in the past - either as a filler over Summer in prime time, just before National Nine News and sometimes if the cricket was rain interrupted or if Cricket ended early. Not the first time that a main channel has shown such programming and it won’t be the last

I actually would of said the same about Gogglebox, but it seems to do ok

I am wondering why Channel Ten hasnt tried a funniest home video type format, especially given that Nine hasnt screened Australia’s Funniest Home Video Show since February 2014. The Original premise was under Graham Kennedy’s Funniest Home Videos in 1990, then in 1991 Jacki MacDonald took over and if was broadcast under Australia’s Funniest Home Videos

Even if Nine owns the title, I am sure Channel Ten could come up with a title for the show

I can think of a reason why

10 Likes

Networks recycle concepts all the time… and thats why I am thinking maybe Ten should try it - cheap TV to produce

These type of clip programs probably peaked in popularity around the mid-1990s.

If people want to watch “funny home videos” or “funny prank videos” today, they’re probably more likely to head over to Channel YouTube rather than waiting around for an edited 30 or 60 minute program each week!

2 Likes

Seven already has the LOL specials which are the same thing. The network had early success but that has dwindled. While clip show content might be new to to some of Seven’s audience, 99% of Ten’s have access to You Tube.

3 Likes

Everyone has funniest home videos on their phone these days.

And I’m still having nightmares from 2005 when i answered the Channel 7 ad to be in the audience for an “exciting new show”, and it’s only when you’re seated in the studio that the show was revealed as some pale imitation of Funniest Home Videos. Worst 3 hours of my life

4 Likes

My idea came from the fact that the guy who played Carlton Banks in Fresh prince of Bel Air is currently hosting the American version - but I guess it has a larger audience base to start with

Obviously Channel Ten need something to try and improve its performance on Saturday nights. I know a lot of people will say why bother as in all states except NSW and QLD audiences tend to turn to the AFL coverage over all other offerings and those that don’t usually turn to Channel 9 or a Channel 7 or Channel 9 multi-channel