Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

We need new ideas not recycled old shows. They almost always fail.

2 Likes

I think they tried it once with the team from Big Brother - Mike Goldman, Ryan Fitzgerald and the other girl (forgot her name). It rated badly. I forgot what they called the show.

2 Likes

I think youā€™re referring to Friday Night Download? Was on air around 2007 or so from memory.

1 Like

That sounds about right.

Bree. The first season rated well enough but the second season was a flop.

2 Likes

This could have been a nail in its coffin. From Wikipedia but referenced:

1 Like

Why are all your ideas relics of the 1980s.

1 Like

Were Ten to resuscitate Big Brother, Saturday Night Games would be an option for part of the year, but I digress.

The most successful Saturday programs currently seem to be movies, but these are expensive and CBS may have to wait for rights to expire to access popular titles.

Seven and Nine are able to attract pretty good numbers (for Saturdays) with James Bond, Indian Jones, Back to the Future as well as more recent titles.

The problem is that when the networks get a new idea, they want to screen them between Sunday and Wednesday and for the most part, they write off the rest of the week. (Hey Hey Its Saturdays 2010 attempted revival is a good example of rest of the week write off)

Good News Week Saturday Night Lite had potential, but I think that the 8:30pm timeslot didnā€™t help, Hey Hey Its Saturday was on its way out, so might have attracted more of an audience at 7:30pm - speculation I know and variety doesnt work as well these days as was seen by the attempted a brief revival of Hey Hey Its Saturday in 2010 which initially screen on Wednesday under its original title, but rested between late July and October that year screening 7 final episodes. Rumours emerge every now and then that there are talks it is returning, but as you know so far its only rumours and that if it were to return to TV, they would need a dramatic overhaul and probably wouldnā€™t land on Channel Ten in any case.

The problem is nobody wants revivals. Variety might work if they try something totally different. Forget all those golden oldies. Give someone completely new the gig and they might surprise us with something different.

2 Likes

Some sort of sports variety show somewhere around the 9pm or 9:30pm mark which also gives the football (and other sports) results perhaps - as long as the hi-jinx is different to night time The Footy Show offering (eg no cross dressing) - but perhaps some sketch comedy interwoven to the concept.

Another idea for Ten could be A-League games live on TEN in Sydney and Brisbane when either a NSW or QLD team are playing and screen on ONE for rest of Australia

Most people know the results by 9pm at night.

2 Likes

:fire::fire::fire:

5 Likes

I seriously thought you meant Ten were reviving Today Tonight for a second and was about to lose my shit

1 Like

I mean why else would you hire Lisa Wilkinson for?!

They could try their own version of TT but instead of Today Tonight, call it Ten Tonight

Iā€™m glad a lot of you donā€™t work in tv haha!! :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Tell me about it the suggestions we have had today would send a network to record lows.

Conā€™s Bewdiful Holiday Videos?

3 Likes

no worse that gogglebox