Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Ten’s overall ratings for the night would be a lot higher by having I’m A Celeb followed by the Cricket.

Ideally you’d launch the Cricket at 8:30pm which is still only 5:30pm Perth time.

I don’t know any network that mixes a key reality show with a key sport :thinking:

I’d say it’s to match with acceptable eastern states viewers otherwise they’ll complain it finished too late at night😂

I’m not saying the ratings wouldn’t be higher. That isn’t what matters. Cricket Australia, currently seeking new broadcast deals, is likely to be pretty unimpressed if Ten prioritises a reality show over cricket over on the eastern seaboard. And that’s what Ten would be doing if they slotted in an I’m a Celebrity episode, with a midnight finish or later In store.

3 Likes

If a Thursday episode is vital, they could air it live on Eleven at 7.30 AEDT with a replay on Ten after the cricket.

2 Likes

I just think it mutually benefits everyone. A 5:30pm Perth start is better for WA tv viewers and for those that want to attend the game. An 8:30pm start in Sydney & Melbourne isn’t outrageous given there have been a
couple of 9:20pm AEST starts on Monday nights. The game would wrap by 11:30pm if that was the case.

Likewise not having I’m A Celeb on that night gives MKR and Married At First Sight a free shot at picking up new viewers.

Australia Day 2018 – From The Sydney Opera House

TEN Signs Off Australia Day With A Bang.

Friday, 26 January At 7.30pm

Some of the nation’s hottest acts will be lighting up Australia Day as Family Feud’s Grant Denyer and TEN Eyewitness News First At Five’s Sandra Sully present Australia Day 2018 – Live from Sydney Opera House on Friday, 26 January at 7.30pm on TEN and WIN Network.

Live from the Sydney Opera House forecourt, Grant will be presenting some of the country’s most beloved musical acts including Guy Sebastian, Dami Im, Anthony Callea, John Paul Young and more.

Embracing the achievements of Australians over the past year, special guest host Sandra Sully will be joining the broadcast from Sydney Harbour where she will be interviewing recipients of the Australian of the Year Awards.

Also, in an event first, there will be a performance on Sydney Harbour itself – Christine Anu will be joining the broadcast from a floating stage in the middle of Sydney’s iconic Circular Quay.

In a spectacular finale, an epic fireworks display will shine light over the whole harbour, bringing an amazing day and night of community and celebration to an end.

3 Likes

Seven has two hours of Home and Away on the Thursday of the BBL semi final, giving the cricket and Married at First Sight a free ride.

The Cricket starting time has been locked in since the start of the season and isn’t negotiable. What’s wrong with Celebrity airing on Eleven for one night if they must show it?

1 Like

Would certainly be a good alternative for fans of the show if they did, especially since they promote it as Sun-Thurs. They could also emphasise the live streaming on tenplay part also if they were to produce an episode to still air that night.

But knowing Ten they will probably not even make reference to the fact that there won’t be an episode available on that night… :roll_eyes:

Has this happened in Aus before where a stripped reality show has been bumped to a multi-channel in favour of live sports for a night? I saw recently in the UK an episode of Celebrity Big Brother aired on a multi-channel when they had other commitments on the main Ch 5.

Yes, Big Brother aired on GO in some markets when Nine had competing sports commitments.

5 Likes

How silly would that be. Just don’t air it that night…

or even they could bump Family Feud for the night and move The Project and Celeb up half an hour and start the Cricket at around 8:15pm (Ten Perth could Air Bold at 4pm and Ten News at 4:30pm til 5:15pm)

1 Like

I just don’t see why they wouldn’t air I’m A Celeb and give it maximum exposure alongside the cricket. A schedule like this would work well you would think.

Melbourne/Sydney
6:30pm - The Project
7:30 - I’m A Celeb
8:30pm - BBL: Perth Scorchers v Hobart Hurricanes

Adelaide
7:30pm - I’m A Celeb (BBL on One from 8pm)

Brisbane
7:30pm - I’m A Celeb (BBL on One from 7:30pm)

Perth
5pm - Ten Eyewitness News
5:30pm - BBL: Perth Scorchers v Hobart Hurricanes
8:30pm - I’m A Celeb
(The Project and Family Feud could be bumped to One that night)

1 Like

oh I should of said NSW/QLD/Vic/Tas could alternatively air Family Feud at 4pm (before Bold and The Beautiful), whilst NT and SA keep it at 6pm.

possibly could work

Come on ten make a statement and get rid of this insulting event.

They cant do that. The game is locked in and starts at the scheduled time. If they want to retain the rights they need to show cricket australia they are serious about cricket.

I think Cricket Australia needs to wonder if it is serious about cricket itself. Is a 4:30pm Big Bash Final a good outcome or did Ten force their hand so it could help their Sunday primetime?

Sunday afternoons have been a success with one day games. Not like it’s 4:30 on a weekday. Perfect timeslot for attendance as well with school back.

1 Like