Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

It’s going to be covered by at least 4 other networks. Ten might actually get some viewers who aren’t the least bit interested :wink:

1 Like

Erm. With good reason. Shouldn’t you be saying the wedding of Prince William, second in line to the throne? It’s a big difference though. Prince William will most likely be the king one day, whereas Prince Harry is now seventh in line to the throne and unlikely to ever be king.

is it possible to show CBS coverage on Ten, if the network decided to do a special coverage of the Royal Wedding.

SBS didn’t do it for William but yet they are doing it for Harry.

1 Like

um, they’re covering it in Studio 10…

Is Entertainment Tonight fast tracked on Ten? because they are reporting from London for the week of the wedding.

Abby (Pauley Perrette) final episode of NCIS this coming Sunday after 15 years :cry:

Great timing with MasterChef starting, much bigger lead-in / promotion.

DiNozzo (Michael Weatherly) final episode in 2016 scored biggest ratings here in 4 years (nearly 900k).

Has it been promoted like Michael Weatherly?

1 Like

Sure is, saw a promo tonight.

“…She’s been there since the very beginning, in Abby’s final wo episodes…”

MasterChef opener extended by 15 minutes

Monday 7 May
09:15 pm Roseanne S10 Ep2
09:45 pm 2017 Montreal Comedy Festival
10:45 pm Man with a Plan Rpt

2 Likes

yes. it airs in the morning AUS time and airs in the afternoon.

Entertainment Tonight is fast tracked for the afternoon screening and is repeated next morning.

1 Like

I’ve noticed on the EPG that Roseanne (an encore of this Monday’s ep) will air at 9:50pm tonight, bumping This Is Us back to 10:20pm. That will mean Roseanne will go head to head with the encore airing of a new ep of Young Sheldon on Nine that will air at 7:30 tonight.

For the record, the encore airing of Young Sheldon beat a new ep of This Is Us last Wednesday night.

Honestly I genuinely think it has something to do with Ten. I am convinced This is Us would have been a ratings hit, like The Good Doctor was, if it were on Seven.

1 Like

No, This is Us is a boring show.

2 Likes

Which is why it would have succeeded on Seven.

2 Likes

They don’t want boring shows, mate. Nobody wants boring shows.

Its the type of safe show that sevens older viewers would relish is what I am getting at. You might find it boring but there is obviously an audience considering its success in the US - as you said no one wants boring shows so it mustn’t be boring to some audiences.

It’s a flop. Get over it. Lots of shows that do well in America also flow on Seven.

How To Get Away With Murder springs to mind.

This is part of why Ten are failing, they get beat once or twice then back away

If you consider House Rules (607,000 metro viewers) was beaten by The Voice (949,000 metro viewers) and Masterchef (890,000 metro viewers) and is as yet to be pulled from the schedule - this where Ten’s problem lies, it never leaves a show in a timeslot long enough to build a following. If they had of done that with The Comedy Company back in early 1988s, then that show wouldn’t have lasted as long as it did - noting that it was rested at the end of 1989 and when it returned in 1990, after the failure of his vehicles Larger Than Life and The Big Time (I can’t remember which was first).

Admittedly, Comedy Company worked as it was the only family entertainment show on Sunday night, up against 60 Minutes.

But Ten continues with the same pattern of if it doesnt work after one or two outings they move it or pull it all together

Is that why the only FTA channels to air Days of our Lives and Young and the Restless are owned by Bruce Gordon?