Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Maybe be wrong but I can’t see Seal Team rating well in Australia.

Yes I can’t see how they could connect with it and I don’t see anything appealing in the promo.

2 Likes

David Boreanaz has some fans from Buffy/Angel and Bones so I think that would be their only hope to get people to sample this.

What will be shown on Wednesday nights given Ten is short on Australian dramas?
Hughesy, I Have a Problem breaks NCIS’ stranglehold on Tuesday nights (well, new episodes don’t rate anymore). If it can stay in the schedule, this should ensure when the current season of NCIS resumes, it can be shown continuously until the end of May followed by new season of Shark Tank.

Im surprised law and order svu is being given the monday slot. Im assuming todd sampson will go to Wednesday or they might air NCIS there.

1 Like

Week commencing 28 January 2018

Sunday 28 January
06:30 pm The Sunday Project
07:30 pm I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! Series 4 Premiere
09:00 pm SEAL Team Ep 1 and 2 Series Premiere
11:00 pm TBA

Monday 29 January
07:30 pm I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!
09:00 pm Law and Order SVU: S19 Ep7 Series Return
10:00 pm Law and Order SVU: Rpt

Tuesday 30 January
08:30 pm Hughesy, We Have a Problem Series Premiere
09:30 pm TBA x 2

Wednesday 31 January
09:00 pm TBA x 2

Thursday 1 February
07:30 pm :cricket_bat_and_ball: Big Bash Semi Final 1
10:10/10:40/11:10 pm Blue Bloods Rpt

Perth
07:30 pm Bondi Rescue Rpt
08:00 pm Gold Coast Cops Rpt
08:30 pm NCIS: New Orleans Rpt
09:30 pm Blue Bloods Rpt

Friday 2 February
07:30 pm :cricket_bat_and_ball: Big Bash Semi Final 2
10:10/10:40/11:10 pm The Graham Norton Show

Perth
07:30 pm The Living Room Summer
08:30 pm The Graham Norton Show Rpt
09:30 pm TBA

Saturday 3 February
06:30 pm David Attenborough’s Africa Ep 3 and 4
08:30 pm TBA

For details of :cricket_bat_and_ball: Big Bash coverage see local guides and Ten Cricket Coverage

1 Like

Very surprised not to see a Thursday episode of I’m A Celeb. Given the Scorchers or even the Strikers will host a semi final I don’t see why they wouldn’t go for:

7:30pm - I’m A Celeb
8:30/9pm - Big Bash Semi

Would certainly helps the ratings share for the night you would think?

I’m sure the last thing they would want to do at this point in time (Negotiating a new cricket TV rights deal) is ask Cricket Au to start a game that would finish at midnight or later on the eastern seaboard.

4 Likes

Best way to bed in a new series is to run a double ep at 9pm on a Sunday :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

It wouldn’t rate if it was a single episode in the best slot of the week. Ten desperately need more Aussie content.

4 Likes

So Cricket Australia would prefer to start a game at 4:30pm local time in Perth on a working day?

A late Perth game at the new Optus Stadium would be a win for all viewers and those in WA that want to attend the game. The stadium would be empty if the game starts in the afternoon.

Really? You truly think that it would rate as well as any other game this season with a start time of 9pm or later on a working day on the east coast?

Not to mention that the start time has been set in stone for a while now - it has caused a stir in Perth as the state government wishes (and later backflipped on the decision to) to impose a capacity cap of 40,000 on the stadium due to potential stress on Perth’s public transport system upon having a game start during the beginning of peak hour. Considering this, it is fair to assume that the game would have reached that ground capacity cap and sold out despite the weekday afternoon timeslot.

4 Likes

Ten’s overall ratings for the night would be a lot higher by having I’m A Celeb followed by the Cricket.

Ideally you’d launch the Cricket at 8:30pm which is still only 5:30pm Perth time.

I don’t know any network that mixes a key reality show with a key sport :thinking:

I’d say it’s to match with acceptable eastern states viewers otherwise they’ll complain it finished too late at night😂

I’m not saying the ratings wouldn’t be higher. That isn’t what matters. Cricket Australia, currently seeking new broadcast deals, is likely to be pretty unimpressed if Ten prioritises a reality show over cricket over on the eastern seaboard. And that’s what Ten would be doing if they slotted in an I’m a Celebrity episode, with a midnight finish or later In store.

3 Likes

If a Thursday episode is vital, they could air it live on Eleven at 7.30 AEDT with a replay on Ten after the cricket.

2 Likes

I just think it mutually benefits everyone. A 5:30pm Perth start is better for WA tv viewers and for those that want to attend the game. An 8:30pm start in Sydney & Melbourne isn’t outrageous given there have been a
couple of 9:20pm AEST starts on Monday nights. The game would wrap by 11:30pm if that was the case.

Likewise not having I’m A Celeb on that night gives MKR and Married At First Sight a free shot at picking up new viewers.

Australia Day 2018 – From The Sydney Opera House

TEN Signs Off Australia Day With A Bang.

Friday, 26 January At 7.30pm

Some of the nation’s hottest acts will be lighting up Australia Day as Family Feud’s Grant Denyer and TEN Eyewitness News First At Five’s Sandra Sully present Australia Day 2018 – Live from Sydney Opera House on Friday, 26 January at 7.30pm on TEN and WIN Network.

Live from the Sydney Opera House forecourt, Grant will be presenting some of the country’s most beloved musical acts including Guy Sebastian, Dami Im, Anthony Callea, John Paul Young and more.

Embracing the achievements of Australians over the past year, special guest host Sandra Sully will be joining the broadcast from Sydney Harbour where she will be interviewing recipients of the Australian of the Year Awards.

Also, in an event first, there will be a performance on Sydney Harbour itself – Christine Anu will be joining the broadcast from a floating stage in the middle of Sydney’s iconic Circular Quay.

In a spectacular finale, an epic fireworks display will shine light over the whole harbour, bringing an amazing day and night of community and celebration to an end.

3 Likes

Seven has two hours of Home and Away on the Thursday of the BBL semi final, giving the cricket and Married at First Sight a free ride.