Paramount Australia & New Zealand

who were already accessing those programs via Southern Cross?

3 Likes

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, however in a press release from TEN on their website it confirms the Perth studios will be moving to a new “High-Tec Station” later this year in the new Subi XO development in Subiaco close to Perth’s CBD.

Network TEN’s General Manager Adelaide, Perth and Operations, Frank Filosi, said:

[quote=“Network TEN”]
Our innovative new purpose-built office, newsroom and operating systems will truly transform the way we work.

The long term investment in this cutting-edge work place demonstrates Network TEN’s commitment to the Perth market and leading the digital transformation of the television industry[/quote]

Hopefully this means a brand new set for the Perth bulletin which is in dire need of some updating.

[quote=“Network TEN”]
TEN Perth will leave its current site at Cottonwood Crescent, Dianella after 28 years. The move is scheduled for late 2016. [/quote]

6 Likes

One wonders if their Perth news will come from the newsroom similar to Adelaide and Sydney as opposed to a studio.

Hopefully this also means the Perth news will be like Sydney and output in HD.

1 Like

Surely new studios will mean new equipment and therefore HD. With the availability of HD gear these days the only reason they wouldn’t go HD would be if they plan on reusing old gear that’s most likely well past its use by day, which seems unlikely.

1 Like

Interesting. It looks like Nine will be the last to leave that area as their new purpose built facility is still another year or two off IIRC.

1 Like

Looking at some FB pics a few days ago, it looks like STW’s new studio building is almost ready for fitting out. The office areas looked well advanced as well.
They still state that the move should be in the 3rd qtr this year.
If Ten are just starting out now, I imagine it will be quite late this year before they move.

I completely agree that Ten Perth will most likely have HD broadcasting facilities that are at least on par with what Sydney have when they move into their new studios.

3 Likes

Where are these pics?

1 Like

Nine plan to move in August I’m pretty sure.

2 Likes

I second this. Tried to find them and got no luck. :confused:

Found on the WATV and Radio FB Page

9 Perth’s new studio under Construction looking South

Inside again

Looking out towards the Terrace

Staff Hub

2 Likes

Haven’t heard anything new about the studios since the announcement, so thank you for sharing these photos :slight_smile:

I Think Ten and WIN given their Newly Formed Relationship should join their News Divisions Together

1 Like

Rod Prosser Appointed Director of Revenue and Client Partnerships

Network Ten today announced the appointment of Rod Prosser to the new role of Director of Revenue and Client Partnerships, reporting to Chief Executive Officer, Paul Anderson.

Mr Anderson said: “Rod has been a key member of the Ten team for the past six years and I’m delighted that he has agreed to take on this important new role.

“Rod will be responsible for managing and enhancing our relationships with key clients and our partnership with Multi Channel Network (‘MCN’), as well as Network Ten’s Commercial Integration division.

“He will work closely with the team at MCN to build on the success and momentum our two businesses have created over the past nine months,” he said.

Mr Prosser joined Network Ten in June 2010 as Brisbane Sales Director after working in senior Sales roles at ACP Magazines and Nine Network.

He was appointed Sydney Sales Director in 2011, National Head of Trading and Sport Sales in 2013, and General Manager of Network Ten’s Brisbane and South-East Queensland station, TVQ, in 2014.

Mr Prosser said: “As the only commercial free-to-air television network to have increased the prime time audience of its main channel in 2015 and again this year, Network Ten is performing strongly and delivering great results for our advertisers.

“I’m honoured to be taking on this new role and look forward to working with MCN to make our already successful partnership even more successful.”

In addition to his new role, Mr Prosser will continue as General Manager of TVQ.

1 Like

Bruce Gordon lifts stake in TEN
WIN TV mogul Bruce Gordon has increased his stake in Network TEN by another 2% under a complex equity derivative contract.

Under the arrangement facilitated by Deutsche Bank, where the bank holds shares on his behalf, he has increased his stake to 14.56%.

2 Likes

Bruce Gordon now owning 16.5% of TEN, yet officially owning 14.6%, is bringing back memories of the Canwest non-ownership of Ten when they actually had majority ownership.

More dollars than sense. [thank you @JBar :slight_smile: ]

Hit 90c today.

The saying is “more dollars than sense”. :wink:

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: TEN Sport