Paramount Australia & New Zealand

What could happen.

Aren’t Fox an unsecured creditor. The SMH article said the Staff are the largest creditors after CBS.

Bruce Gordon, Lachlan Murdoch to lob new bid for Network Ten

Bruce Gordon and Lachlan Murdoch are understood to be lobbing a new bid for Network Ten following the passage of the government’s media ownership changes through the Senate on Thursday night.

A new bid from Birketu and Illyria, the private investment vehicles of Mr Gordon and Mr Murdoch respectively, is believed to be higher than the original proposal the pair put in for Ten.

The bid is expected to be lodged with administrator KordaMentha as early as Friday.

The bid does not have the same conditionality as the first bid to due to passage of the government’s media reforms through the Senate.

If the administrators accept the bid as valid, will CBS then have an opportunity to vary their bid, I wonder?

1 Like

How does that even work? They’ve seen the CBS bid. How is that fair or equitable? Surely CBS will have the right to a counter offer.

The two c–ts are crazy. Poor employees of Ten having people bid who are just going to sack half of them.

5 Likes

20 C Fox seem like a key player to me. If CBS offered them more for the debt/output deal will they drop their objections and get on board with the CBS take over?

News Corp pays next to no tax in Australia, and Lachlan Murdoch & Bruce Gordon are Australian citizens for convenience because their hearts are elsewhere. Darren Davidson:

5 Likes

Lachlan Murdoch is executive chairman there.

As would any other new owner of Ten.

4 Likes

Just hours after media reforms passed the Senate, Lachlan Murdoch and Bruce Gordon have lodged a fresh bid for Network Ten, increasing their offer for creditors of the troubled broadcaster pool from $35 million to $55 million

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Murdoch and Gordon are both sore losers. i’d rather have Ten under the ownership of CBS than these two dorks.

11 Likes

Can’t those two morons f**k off and kill their own organisations?

11 Likes

KordaMentha will consider the Gordoch bid over the weekend, including whether it is legal as it was submitted after the deadline. They will make an announcement after the court’s decision on Monday.

1 Like

This is the bit which bugs me, they’re too late, yes, the situation has now changed but these things were mentioned in their original bid which wasn’t superior to CBS’s. If they’re allowed to make an amended bid after seeing all that CBS offered then CBS should be allowed to amend there’s also.

10 Likes

CBS have invested too much to pull out now (paying off Ten’s debts) I don’t think Murdoch and Gordon stand a chance… hopefully

15 Likes

“remained locally owned and operated” and “committed to increasing Australian content output”

“remained locally owned and operated” and “committed to increasing Australian content output”?!

Thank goodness our hopeful Bermudan and American joint owners have a solid plan to close Ten’s news division and replace it with Sky News, and sap the network for everything that it has left.

14 Likes

Just curious, how likely is it that these old farts will own ten?

What court and shareholder decision decisions need to go their way to ensure that they own it as opposed to (obviously better option in) CBS owning the network?

2 Likes

The thing is someone, whoever or whatever is allowing these two fucktards a chance to come in and close down three offices, production that occurs in those studios, sack the entire news division all after the goal posts changed. How is that remotely fair when due process was followed by administrations that they appointed and subsequently a deal being accepted from CBS.

It’s seems clear to us…let’s hope the court does as well.

6 Likes

Not sure if this one has already been posted, but…

3 Likes