Paramount Australia & New Zealand

As would any other new owner of Ten.

4 Likes

Just hours after media reforms passed the Senate, Lachlan Murdoch and Bruce Gordon have lodged a fresh bid for Network Ten, increasing their offer for creditors of the troubled broadcaster pool from $35 million to $55 million

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Murdoch and Gordon are both sore losers. i’d rather have Ten under the ownership of CBS than these two dorks.

11 Likes

Can’t those two morons f**k off and kill their own organisations?

11 Likes

KordaMentha will consider the Gordoch bid over the weekend, including whether it is legal as it was submitted after the deadline. They will make an announcement after the court’s decision on Monday.

1 Like

This is the bit which bugs me, they’re too late, yes, the situation has now changed but these things were mentioned in their original bid which wasn’t superior to CBS’s. If they’re allowed to make an amended bid after seeing all that CBS offered then CBS should be allowed to amend there’s also.

10 Likes

CBS have invested too much to pull out now (paying off Ten’s debts) I don’t think Murdoch and Gordon stand a chance… hopefully

15 Likes

“remained locally owned and operated” and “committed to increasing Australian content output”

“remained locally owned and operated” and “committed to increasing Australian content output”?!

Thank goodness our hopeful Bermudan and American joint owners have a solid plan to close Ten’s news division and replace it with Sky News, and sap the network for everything that it has left.

14 Likes

Just curious, how likely is it that these old farts will own ten?

What court and shareholder decision decisions need to go their way to ensure that they own it as opposed to (obviously better option in) CBS owning the network?

2 Likes

The thing is someone, whoever or whatever is allowing these two fucktards a chance to come in and close down three offices, production that occurs in those studios, sack the entire news division all after the goal posts changed. How is that remotely fair when due process was followed by administrations that they appointed and subsequently a deal being accepted from CBS.

It’s seems clear to us…let’s hope the court does as well.

6 Likes

Not sure if this one has already been posted, but…

3 Likes

This would be devestating for the 750 employees at ten. The network will not be able to compete under these atrocious humans …just vile and unethical behaviour. This could be the greatest swindle in Australian media history. The corruption is astounding and tragic.

Let’s hope that 750 employees as the largest block of creditors vote down this proposal.

Also how can they put a revised bid when they’ve seen the competitors bid in detail? It doesn’t make sense. Can CBS review their bid. I don’t see how any of this is fair.

10 Likes

Back again…
This is the scenario presented to employees:
Vote for CBS …get all your entitlements and keep your job.
Vote for shit cunts… get all your entitlements and lose your job.

Hmmmmm…:thinking:

10 Likes

As I understand it the winning bid needs approval from both the majority number of creditors (so the employees?) and the majority value ($) of (secured?) creditors (CBS, with Fox being 2nd?), so if somehow those two groups disagreed then the receivers/administrators have a casting vote, which I’d hope would go CBS’ way (given they’ve already evaluated the bids as of the 25th).

3 Likes

That is a falsehood being perpetuated by Gordon and Murdoch. Their bid was actually less. They included $7.4 million they would have paid to CBS, however CBS had waived any payments to itself. Gordon and Murdoch tried smoke and mirrors to make it appear otherwise. Explained here:

3 Likes

And with the media laws on cross ownership relaxed expect more of this sort of media collusion.

1 Like

I really, really hope that this whole ordeal doesn’t turn tragic.

6 Likes

Also the deadline for placing bids passed on 25 August. How can any late bid be considered?

8 Likes

If Murdoch and Gordon get their way I can imagine that many foreign businesses (not just in the media industry) will seriously re-think any future investment into Australia - it’ll come across as extraordinarily corrupt.

11 Likes