Ten Network 2021

A once irreverent network 10, becoming more and more ‘irrelevant’ as each year passes.

:nauseated_face:

5 Likes

That is really underwhelming. I thought they would come out with some more. But I guess its early days. They might have some more announcements later.

I actually think Making It is a great idea for 10 to try as it’s down the same line as MasterChef. There’s nothing original sadly everything is just bought IP but their schedule is far more varied and strong than Seven IMO.

2 Likes

At the moment that looks worse than what nine announced a couple of weeks ago. I will wait to see if they announce anything extra later today when they have the actual upfront… I was hoping they would revive aus idol.

1 Like

Seems to me 10 again released some information hours before the upfront event, rather than keeping the rest of us in suspense, to generate headlines, unlike Nine or Seven.

1 Like

All of 10’s media releases:

Quick thoughts on some of the new shows:

The First Inventors is interesting, as this is the first time a commercial station collaborates with NITV on a weekly series. I assume 10 will show it first before it is repeated on NITV - or will the first episode be simulcast on both channels?

I wonder if The Dog House Australia will be based at Lort Smith in North Melbourne (which former 10 weatherman Mike Larkan is an ambassador)?

It’s good news that 10 still has the rights to The Gilded Age after it was revealed that HBO had picked up the series in the US from NBC. However, production of the series has been paused for two weeks after several crew members tested positive in COVID-19. It will be very lucky if the drama makes it to 10 before the end of official ratings next November.

The Savoy is an ITV observational series about The Savoy Hotel in London, which premiered in UK on September 30. 10 could show it on Saturday nights in Q1.

1 Like

Interesting to see Territory Cops back in the line-up. It hasn’t aired since 2016 and is in repeat mode on Nine at the moment.

5 Likes

Isn’t Nine making new episodes?

No they are all repeats.

1 Like

I’m glad they’re doing a third season of “How To Stay Married”. A shame they didn’t greenlight any other comedies from their pilot weeks.

No mention of the other drama which was a co-production with Channel 5, originally titled Breathless. I think production might have been interrupted by lockdowns. Did it ever resume?

4 Likes

10 News First will present the biggest and most comprehensive coverage of local, national and international news stories

Biggest and most comprehensive coverage? Well I mean you’d assume there would be local bulletins for this to be the case.

7 Likes

Considering they’ve grown their audience this year, viewers certainly don’t think that…

4 Likes

I’ll keep an open mind for Making It, doesn’t seem like my kind of thing, but might find a family audience.

Otherwise seems like there is more outgoing shows than incoming. and of the shows that are returning; The Bachelor franchise is getting stale and the danger of over-reliance on MC has been shown before. ten should be getting ahead of their black holes if they want to avoid the horrors they have faced in the past, that took a decade to get out of.

3 Likes

Such a shame Dancing with the Stars isn’t coming back although I’m not surprised at all.

Nice to see some new formats on 10. Everything else is the same which is very boring.

2 Likes

Wtf :joy:

3 Likes

10 are rejigging it’s lineup next year:

Amazing Race and Masked Singer bumped up to Q1 to air after I’m a Celebrity.

Making It and Dog House to air in Q2 with MadterChef, 10 also confirming a normal season with ordinary Australians next year.

6 Likes

He has been dropped from his presenting role at E! I believe. I wouldn’t be surprised if a return to Network 10 or CBS is on the cards.

Surprising that Nine didn’t take on the format considering their current investments occurring in the NT. Driving Test is also on repeat mode…

4 Likes

Tweedie is so bland, so perfect for an Australian presenter

2 Likes

I’m surprised 10 aren’t trying more factual series, it’s good (and was very obvious) they were going to do a local series of The Dog House but what about One Born Every Minute, Secret Life of 4/5 Year Olds etc.

Ambulance Australia barley rated a mention, no details on the return of Territory Cops and of course
Bondi Rescue was going to be renewed… again.

Drama barely rated a mention either, S2 of Five Bedrooms now coming next year and while it’s great HTSM is coming back after increasing its audience this year… but surely they would have another commission to announce!

Also what about With Intent (previously Breathless) which wasn’t mentioned. Could this be a Paramount+ original series to relaunch the streamer next year? It was being produced as 4 x 60 min episodes so would be good for a streaming mini-series rather than broadcast.

1 Like