Ten Network 2020

Yeah, sure. It hasn’t even been on anybody’s radar until it was discussed here recently.

Also, can you guys save your bickering over who knows more about what Ten are or aren’t doing, until something is actually announced?

1 Like

Is this what we are predicting for 2020?

I’m a Celebrity Get me out of Here
Dancing with the Stars
Survivor All Stars
Master Chef
The Bachelor
The Bachelorette
The Masked Singer
The Amazing Race

Will Survivor return for the 2nd half?
I’m assuming The Bachelor in Paradise is out?

1 Like

I’m predicting 8-10 new shows, they’ve been commissioning new things this year and that will continue. Sounds like alot but they did a very similar amount for 2019 - DWTS, Changing Rooms, Takeaway, Masked Singer, Amazing Race, Rove, Name Game, Five bedrooms, playing for keeps just off the top of my head.

Staples will return:
MasterChef (judges will be revealed as we know)
DWTS
Bachelor, Bachelorette, Bach in Paradise
Survivor X 2
Masked Singer
Playing for keeps and Five Bedrooms

Amazing race might be mentioned but for 2019 season. Expect it to return if it rates.

4th channel will be announced.

Left field guess: I’m a celeb will return but it will be I’m a nobody, get me out of here. (Not sarcasm - I think they should do I’m a celebrity with ordinary people - an outdoor big brother!)

It’s also the year we will see Australian Idol return. … Would also love a version of the circle.

Extreme left field shock announcement, 10 are the network picking up Big Brother :laughing:

2 Likes

Which is effectively Survivor but they abandoned that and went with celebrities instead.

:wave::wink:

1 Like

And for sport: there’s not a lot of sport in the next year. Melbourne Cup Carnival will be on 10. V8 Supercars will continue until end of next year. Will there be rugby next year on 10?

yes there will be Rugby Union next year. Featuring all Wallabies and plus delayed Super Rugby.

1 Like

No it’s been renewed.

I think they should keep BIP as a thing that’s done every 2/3 years - it would give them enough Bachelor & Bachelorette seasons to get a good BIP cast.

3 Likes

Next year the Tokyo Olympics dominate. Apart from that there are not many special one-off sporting events on offer for 10.

I’m taking a look because you guys have mentioned it. It’s a good show but not sure where it would fit on Aussie tv

THe next year, Bledilsoe cup will be held in MCG next year with the New Zealand match rob be played in Either Auckland, Wellington or dunedin.
The 3rd Bledisloe cup test — given that there will be a t20 World Cup men’s tournaments coming into Australia somebody stadiums, including anz stadium will be unavailable. ANZ stadium will Ben unavailable due to refurbishments. I think it’s likely that they will either skip Game 3 of Bleidlsoe cup or have it in NZ. Can we see Bledisloe cup to be played in a neutral venue, perhaps in Hong Kong for the first time since 2010?

Motorsport will continue on 10 (IIRC).
A-League and socceroos matches have gone to ABC TV. With V8s expiring in 2020, time will tell.

The first of 10’s new shows for 2020 was revealed tonight :wink:

6 Likes
2 Likes

Just came here to post this, looks like the press release information was only embargoed until midnight.

Exactly what I thought.

Nothing big or new. No major format or pull to the network.

Nice to hear Dancing is moving back to Melbourne, we need more productions down here especially in the middle of the year and big format shows.

1 Like

10 press release as published on Mediaweek:

Whilst 10 have obviously sent out embargoed information to all media to get some buzz happening ahead of upfronts in the morning, I’m willing to guarantee that there will be announcements in the morning (other than just the new hosts of MasterChef) for programming next year that we won’t have read about tonight - there’s no way they aren’t going to have something new to talk about tomorrow that they’re planning for next year.

2 Likes