Ten Network 2020

Nice to hear Dancing is moving back to Melbourne, we need more productions down here especially in the middle of the year and big format shows.

1 Like

10 press release as published on Mediaweek:

Whilst 10 have obviously sent out embargoed information to all media to get some buzz happening ahead of upfronts in the morning, I’m willing to guarantee that there will be announcements in the morning (other than just the new hosts of MasterChef) for programming next year that we won’t have read about tonight - there’s no way they aren’t going to have something new to talk about tomorrow that they’re planning for next year.

2 Likes

I hope you are right.

What we have seen tonight it looks like 10 are playing it very safe next year.

1 Like

Good to see new seasons of Five Bedrooms , Playing For Keeps and How To Stay Married . Kinne Tonight .

No mention of Mr. Black , My Life Is Murder , Part-Time Private Eyes? And new series The Secrets She Keeps is delayed to 2020.

Drunk History goes to series more than a year after pilot week.

Nothing to see here. Head in the sand stuff. Blank time slots everywhere. There’s not enough content. Mcgarvey still has a job somehow.

Bit real strategy announced aside from more of the same. Ignoring the massive gaps in Sunday’s and at 6pm. These people are nuts.

I see you haven’t lost your pitchfork. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Always… there’s nothing they’ve done except for start I’m a celebrity a week early and use survivor to plug the gap of changing rooms failure.

Looks like they’ll be using low rating US shows as 8:30 filler and claiming that’s premium content when it rates sub 400k.

No increase in news output is a failure.

Running the same things on Sunday nights after they get 8% shares for most of the year suggests they’re clueless.

There will be more announcements, stay tuned.

This is Media Spy - we never put down our pitchforks. It’s essentially a never-ending version of this scene from The Simpsons Movie:

2 Likes

Yes, let’s just ignore the earlier seven months of the year and pretend they didn’t exist…

I would be shocked if this was actually true and not just PR BS

4 Likes

Yes, I’m not prepared to believe that without seeing some actual numbers

1 Like

Bojack Horseman they picked up , interesting . Thought apparently it airs on Foxtel https://www.foxtel.com.au/tv-guide/Bojack-Horseman/106717438

Well exactly. It’s been an abject failure and they’ll run with the same strategy that failed.

I’m a celebrity ends, Dancing starts on Monday’s. What’s going on Sunday? Survivor is two nights so that leaves another weeknight. Already massive gaps to open the year.

Chill out.

There’s often not a lot that I don’t agree with you about and of course the network has plenty of time slots still to fill and work on, but 10 didn’t launch their whole strategy for 2020 last night in one press release when the embargo was lifted after midnight.

There will be other announcements to come today and as we know, there will be more that is coming in 2020 or will be announced at a later time which happens every year as the year ahead progresses.

1 Like

Interesting there will be 2 seasons of survivor. The podcast I listened to was convinced that there would only be 1 and that 10 weren’t interested in the 2.

I was told by an industry source that the contract for Survivor only allowed one season per year, it didn’t mean 10 weren’t interested, but of course new contracts can be amended… at a cost

4 Likes

:thinking::wave::star_struck:

Interesting thanks for that information. I still think 10 would have been better off investing in something different rather than doing 2 seasons of Survivor. This is what hurt Masterchef and The Block in the past.

3 Likes