Ten (Mildura Digital Television)

I’m In Ouyen & that’s what I’m trying to do.

7 Likes

An interesting nugget in SCA’s update today, with MDT spending an estimated $150,000 to SCA for sales representation this year using I would expect SCA’s pre-existing assets within their broadcast sales team. I am not sure what they mean by programming provided to MDT (shouldn’t be the feeds as the affiliation agreement is with Ten so they should all be from ATV) so whether they mean CSAs or something else…

3 Likes

much appreciated :saluting_face::saluting_face::saluting_face:

2 Likes

I wonder if SCA might have been managing the playout services to MDT - albeit outsourced to NPC - so that the scheduling and traffic functions could be bundled into what SCA was already doing for their stations. That arrangement would be much more efficient than an operator doing it themselves for a single station.

3 Likes

SCA had done deals to represent 10 regionally for ad buys - you could book for WIN 10 and TDT through SCA too.

2 Likes

Yes, this comes under sales representation.

1 Like

It is possible, although one partner has traditionally been responsible for providing playout for these joint-venture licences.

1 Like

WIN has managed the playout for MDT (MDV) since day 1. Currently outsourced through Media Hub at Ingleburn.

4 Likes

I was thinking the exact same thing June will be interesting to see what happens I guess ACMA are scrambling what to do with the announcement of this shutdown, You also must consider are all 3 stations In these markets pulling In a profit or are their 3rd commercial service on borrowed time.

I’ve never heard of a commercial licence being handed back & the service being shut down here In Australia as far as I can remember this is a first, but I may be wrong.

Hasn’t happened with a commercial TV licence, but wouldn’t be impossible either.

True & this is a perfect example.

1 Like

I just checked the TV guide for channel 10 & on Sunday night they have the Sunday Project at 11:40pm & It’s meant to finish at around 1am so will be Interesting to see what actually happens.

1 Like

More than likely WIN will just flick the switch and that’s it around 12am. And no doubt it will be done remotely too, with no-one onsite at the transmitter.

They will not care if a program is in progress or not. Too much bother and expense to close it properly. Imagine a live program OB from the centre of town reminiscing over past program highlights and the mayor given the honour to flick the off switch, nahhhhhhhh! Maybe a ‘this service is now closed’ graphic if they can be bothered hard switched at 12am until the transmitter is switched off?

2 Likes

Filler.

1 Like

And will it be immediately followed by WIN’s generic Australian scenery loop?

Which Sunday night does The Project start at 11:40pm?

Nope. It will most likely be a black screen and possibly the tv and set top box will not scan the channel and say no signal on that channel

4 Likes

Probably not, as when WDT was showing the loop in 2016, the business was still operating - they were just still negotiating. In this case, Seven and WIN have chosen not to negotiate a new deal and continue the MDT business, so it will probably cut to black, and the channels removed from the multiplex.

2 Likes

This Sunday.