Ten HD

Id bet the news and the logo on it will stay the same.

However I’m tipping a Ten Presentation relaunch with the new HD logo and those flying particles.

As @marquisite pointed out, the look of the current loop on TenHD looks very similar to the elements in the OJ Simpson and X Files promos. Even down to the glossy text.

2 Likes

They just played the TenHD add on Eleven in Wollongong! :confused:

That’s a Southern Cross area isn’t it ? Maybe a mistake?

Yeah, a mistake. It was the exact add as seen in the capital cities.

Hopefully eventually the next time it plays, it won’t be a mistake! :slight_smile:

If SC ten HD ever is MPEG 2 I fear it could bring back the 24 / 7 nature loop.

I hope not!

According to a post elsewhere, SCTEN is the ONLY regional network that currently has the capability to broadcast local ads in each market on their MPEG2 HD channel.

Doing the same in MPEG4 HD, which I think would be required to accommodate ONE in SD, would probably require a hardware upgrade.

Why did they use a nature loop ?

A bit Off-Topic, but based on my observations from my trip up to the Mid North Coast last month, I think Prime7 also has the capability to broadcast local ads in each market on their multichannels, which includes their MPEG2 HD channel (7mate). But since they also show local ads from other markets, I’m not too sure if it’s really the case. :confused:

If they did indeed have that capability - there’s the other option of simply swapping Ten and One over, given that the otherwise meaningless law change to let HD channels be the primary channel is now in place.

That would then make things like MPEG-4 capability and bandwidth needs irrelevant points, as there’d be no change to the number or type of services.

Because at the time they didn’t have the capability of upscaling the SD programming and advertising for each individual market, and there was a specific exemption from the legislation that allowed HD channels to broadcast “HDTV demonstration programs”.

Up until 2007, that was the only programming other than a simulcast with the SD primary channel that was allowed on a HD service.

(I was in the middle of replying when you deleted your post, so you’re getting a reply anyway)

1 Like

Thought I’d asked the same question before… have undeleted it .

7QLD as well with 7Mate. (Local watermarks on the both multichannels).

Ah, you have cable. In that case, I would assume Ten HD. Sorry, I didn’t realise you had cable.

Ten always have been the leader of quality HD (AFL in HD & true 5.1 surround before they lost the rights to Seven, the aforementioned TEN HD breakaway.)

1 Like

Yeah should of clarified I just meant the style of the promos looks very similar to the Ten HD loop.
Hoping to see that version of the “Ten” rolled out on the SD channel. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, a mistake. It was the exact add as seen in the capital cities.

How do we know for certain it was a mistake. For SC Ten Wollongong to have aired the promo, they would have had to have taken Ten’s promo feed. Injested the file. Assigned a promo code number for that specific spot, and then scheduled that specific spot.

Maybe SC Ten will be going HD

It’s not like they have a PR team or ever do any kind of press or announcements. So maybe this promo is it.

Maybe…

I thought they kept promos intact and only inserted commercial breaks? I’ve seen the first split second of metro commercials leak through on SC’s Ten Central channels before.

I don’t think so no. A commercial break is treated as a whole.

Programming goes out on a national feed - the commercial break in it’s entirety is handled locally.

For example Ten Perth may play a different promo in the first break of the 7.30 show than Ten Melbourne.

Promos are also scheduled locally. Each station has different priorities. Promos are not scheduled nationally. That’s why we often see Ten blasting a promo and SC Ten not so much

In the US, promos and commercials are networked

So the programming, national commercials and promos come on the feed - then each commercial break has a local window of 60 - 90 seconds for local advertising.

In Australia all commercials breaks are localized. (even if they carry ‘national’ ads)

1 Like

The fact it said “on channel 13” and “launching Tuesday” kind of gave away it was a mistake. I did get excited until the voice over said those things. :frowning:

yes good point LOL

They do. The problem comes in when there is a late change to a promo, so no one is expecting it and it slips through… I remember WIN TEN in SA had similar problems a few years back (before WIN 9) and they would air the cricket, some TEN promos would slip through that were wrong because the cricket would be on instead.