Ten HD

Surprisely frank FAQ.

I like the Ten part of that logo.

4 Likes

Will digital channels showing Ten programming in areas like Tasmania, WA, NT and Mildura in Victoria get HD simulcast?

Only stations that are owned by Ten will get TEN HD on 2 March. Anything broadcast by a regional affiliate is up to them when they implement it.

1 Like

Much the same as when 9HD and 9Life started there is nothing to tune in for until the afternoon of 3 March.

Yes - same here; even when they are automatic I will still change the setup to swap the LCNs so that 10 on the TV is HD.

On most devices itā€™s easy enough to just do a manual scan for VHF-11 or whatever translator frequency you get the Network Ten multiplex on, although in some cases you will have to do a full rescan.

Of course, it wonā€™t be on until after 3pm next Wednesday so do your retuning at or after that time. A bit of an odd time to do it (The GEM > Nine HD changeover happened at something like 3am on November 26 last year to really minimise viewer disruption) but there you go.

Shiny logo - very much inspired by the old Ten HD logo.

If Ten HD is a simulcast, does anyone else think that this means the new logo will also be used on the SD version?

2 Likes

The modified logo is quite interesting. Dare I ask the question, will we get a reā€¦re? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I think you might be reā€¦reading my mind.

3 Likes

So SC One will still be HD for say regional Qld when Ten HD launches in metro regions?

Edit - Realised this was answered before , sorry .

Without trying to get too technical with Media Portal you can use the Advanced Tuning Options to just scan one channel - tick the box ā€œUse advanced tuning optionsā€ plus ā€œsingle transponderā€ then enter the frequency for Channel 11 (219500) and bandwidth 7

Frequency for channel 8 is 191500

I Prefer Ten HD on Channel 1 rather than 13.

1 Like

Sometimes having no channel is better than one with the nature loop 24 / 7 like sc ten did in 2009

1 Like