Ten HD

As has been mentioned, it was probably a mistake; however, as I pointed out earlier, for some reason, Ten’s own FAQ does mention Wollongong as getting Ten HD:

Despite Ten’s FAQ stating so, Wollongong isn’t actually an overlap market (unless you count potential overspill), so this is probably a mistake too.

A big one. And I think it could be July at the earliest before SC ten and possibly SCTV 7 see their HD channels, and I want zero time on the nature loop this time.

I doubt SCTen will care what you want. They’ll do what they feel is right for their company and shareholders.

7 Likes

There finances seem to be ok. No idea what costs would be to turn the main channel to HD .

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/southern-cross-lifts-interim-profit/news-story/a4462ce00ef358bc24836a95c822b4fb

The company’s TV business bucked the trend in a struggling regional market to record revenue growth of 1.9 per cent to $104.3m. The TV business has benefited from ratings growth by its metro affiliate partner Network Ten, which had previously recorded five years of ratings declines.

The major issue for SCA would be getting all of their many regional transmitter sites capable of broadcasting MPEG4 channels, surely?

Realistically, I think that the company is going to wait for an announcement by Seven on a HD main channel (remembering that SCA run both Seven and Ten affiliates…plus one Nine affiliate in Regional SA/Broken Hill of course) before investing majorly in HD infrastructure for any of their regional TV stations.

1 Like

I would assume that SCA would be looking to offload their TV licenses to Seven West Media and whatever comes of Ten once the reach rule is abolished, rather than invest in any changes to infrastructure.

1 Like

Interesting.
I tend to agree. SCA probably won’t sell off all their TV division in one hit if they don’t merge with Nine. Perhaps it will be horses for courses.

Most interest will see how much Ten will expand with any potential acquisition or merger.

1 Like

I wonder how come WIN as an example , hasn’t waited till after it’s agreement with Nine ends in June to then rollout HD on the main channels and instead we are seeing a rollout a lot earlier? (Not complaining… HD is great! ).

Mabe if they switched to TEN they would be ready to have TEN HD as well. Lots of possibilities coming up. I thought we would have to wait until after June as well.

That would make perfect sense…if WIN wasn’t launching 9Life as well as a HD primary channel.

Personally, I think that we’re more likely to see Nine buy WIN (or visa versa, you never know…) than a Nine/SCA merger after June 30. Worst case scenario, I reckon that WIN would get another six month affiliation contract if the reach rules weren’t dropped.

But that’s all for another topic, lets get back to talking about Ten HD now…

Studio 10, The Talk, Dr Phil, ET, the cooking shows, Judge Judy, Bold & Beautiful should all be HD. all news won’t be for now I believe.

Haven’t seen this posted yet - the full ~4:19 of the TEN HD tuning loop

3 Likes

Studio 10 this morning (Think that was the show) looked very pasty in colour. Hard to tell if it is our old 32 inch 2009 TV or the way the networks are broadcasting the channel. This is on Southern Cross Ten SD though.

Nice music.Still miss the old I can see clearly now song lol.

Riveting

6 Likes

I got a glimpse of an actual promo during the World Rugby 7’s which was a V8 Supercars Clipsal 500 promo. I must say it was pretty good compared to what Ten did for the first round of the championship last year.

[quote=“William_C, post:201, topic:870”]
I must say it was pretty good compared to what Ten did for the first round of the championship last year.[/quote]
Are you saying Ten were terrible last year? The truth finally comes out. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just over 20 hours now! Can’t wait… gee my life is empty :grin:

1 Like