Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

She filed a sports package that night though IIRC.

Although if Ten Brisbane really wanted a fill-in weather presenter, they could probably bring in an Eleven kids show host for some occasional forecasts.

Jono and Josh were both back tonight.

they used Duane Strauss a few times…

2 Likes

Hugh Riminton now in Villers-Bretonneux for Ten.

1 Like

Ursula Heger presenting Sydney Afternoon News updates today.

4 Likes

Brad McEwan’s last day at Ten tomorrow.

8 Likes

Sorry, but who’s taking over Brads position?

1 Like

Maybe they’ll demote Stephen back down to Sports and promote Candice up to full anchor.

3 Likes

Matt White on sport in Sydney tonight, good to see them using him to fill in.

6 Likes

I just find it weird how they’re not advertising a replacement in a sports crazy city like Melbourne. Ten News seems to be in cruse control mode still.

I really want to know what CBS is proposing for the Network. It’s been almost 6 months since they took control and nothing has changed.

I’m not expecting massive changes, but maybe some baby steps to provide advertisers with some confidence.

1 Like

I think it could be Caity Price to add a female to the team

2 Likes

That probably sounds like the best option (with what Ten currently have, of course). Longtime sports presenter back doing what he’s known for best, female newsreader to break up the blokiness of Melbourne’s evening TV news market and for consistency with Ten’s female-lead bulletins in the other four metro markets.

2 Likes

They moved Kristina Costalos to Melbourne earlier this month. Maybe covering a reporter spot when Candice moves up?

Of course they have a strong reader in Nick Etchells on the books as well.

1 Like

Kristina is filling a position that was vacated in the last 12 months…

I dare say that Caty will be promoted to sports reader.

2 Likes

More importantly, where is Brad going?

correct me if I am wrong, but I think I saw a position advertised on the Network 10 jobs site, regarding a spot for someone to join the sport team in Melbourne. This particular job was advertised in the last month or so.

He’s on Breakfast with Ross and John now. Saying he’s ready to take a step back, get out and about a bit and go into the corporate world. Sad

Just on the sports gig, I think Rob Waters has more than earned his stripes!

4 Likes

I agree as previously mentioned, that Candice should step into the main role with Stephen anchoring sport. Either that, or have them both double-header with Stephen doing sport too, but I doubt either of these options would happen.

1 Like

Ten have a new Director of News (Ross Dagan) starting any week now, early May I think it was so they might put someone in a fill in position until he’s started and then possibly make a decision on the future directon of Melbourne’s news if a replacement hasn’t been announced already.