Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Wednesday (14.12.16) - Friday (16.12.16): Lachlan Kennedy is anchoring solo in Queensland.

Hugh Riminton is off on holidays as of tonight. No mention of Sandra starting her break which is unusual - she’s usually well and truly MIA by now.

2 Likes

Sandy will be most likely facing Sydney’s news solo next week. No announcement as of yet if Ten are doing the 2 week national bulletins over Xmas… Natarsha Belling has been working like a dog lately… if i’m not mistaken i think she did present the Xmas bulletin’s for the last two years… would be nice to see someone else fill in… Kimberly Soekov.

I thought it was only for one week

Didn’t @lachlan_kennedy present a couple of years ago? Natarsha hasn’t been working that much, Saturday - Wednesday for 3 weeks doing Studio 10, then back to just sat and sun…

Someone here was saying Narelda Jacobs is going to be presenting from Sydney over the break?

1 Like

yes via here

That’s the best analogy you could come up with? Classy.

The last local bulletins are on Friday the 23rd and returning on Monday the 9th. As I understand it, Lachlan will be presenting most of those national bulletins (I haven’t heard of Narelda presenting, but it could be a double header…)

6 Likes

Now that would be a nice surprise if it was to happen.

1 Like

Kate Freebairn presenting weather again this weekend.

1 Like

Monday (19.12.16) - Friday (23.12.16): Lachlan Kennedy is anchoring solo in Brisbane.

Brad McEwan looks really off tonight, had a bad day?

He looks board, long awkward pauses between each cross/ad break, his questions/responses to Ricky Ponting were rather abrupt & he have a harsh back hander to Candice Wyatt (“thanks Candice, nice segue, this is awkward, I’m not really sure what it means”)

Maybe it was after he was told he pointlessly needed to drive to Etihad Stadium to present sport :disappointed:

If I were him, I wouldn’t be overly happy. He produces much of the sports content each day with a tiny team.

1 Like

What kind of board are we talking, like a wooden one or?

9 Likes

TEN should bring back the “Sports Tonight” integration into their news bulletins. I quite liked it. What did everyone else think ?

9 Likes

I agree. I think they should bring back the late news too. Make late night TV a hell lot more interesting.

14 Likes

I agree with a return for the Late News. It’s a real vacant spot at the moment, especially over summer.

2 Likes

I really don’t understand the call to bring back the late news, it didn’t work last time when they axed it and bought it back… so why should waste more resources?

Ten Late News is dead. Always will be. I don’t see it returning in the near future. Sports Tonight was not that flash either, it got gutted when it went to One back in the day (when One was just a sports channel).

Instead of using their resources on only an under watched 5pm bulletin, how about a 9.30 bulletin that has next to no LOCAL NEWS competition and is a big point of difference?

4 Likes

Part of the reason it didn’t work was because they messed with the format and focused on attracting a younger audience. It needed to be a straight bulletin and build on the loyal viewer base Sully’s version had, which had double the ratings of its reincarnation.

If Ten bring back Late News it needs to be a straight bulletin.

In a side note, what is the go with Hamish MacDonald? Is he still contracted to ABC US? He’s been back in Aus for ages.

5 Likes