Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I would love to see Ten do something similar to CBS’s studio 57 and use the whole newsroom as the set. Not holding my breath.

I’ll be happy so long as they don’t replace the timber with the hideous silver used around the rest of the country.

7 Likes

Is Ten going to air national bulletins throughout the Christmas and New Year period, like it was done in 2014 and 2015.

Likely. @lachlan_kennedy will likely be presenting?

1 Like

Ive heard Narelda Jacobs from Perth will be for a week.

4 Likes

From Perth? Let me guess, it will be delayed for Perth viewers then… Will switch to 7 news for real local news :stuck_out_tongue: when the national bulletin week rolls out again.

Narelda will be going to Sydney for a week

7 Likes

I dont think there will be much “local” news over the Chrissy week anyway. Ill be too busy eating and drinking to care :+1:

Must’ve seen some of the comments here saying “she should go national”

I actually can’t wait to see her presenting from Sydney again, been 9 years.

2 Likes

Wow 9 years already! I know in 2007 she replaced Charmaine Dragun (was Perth’s Ten News reader at the time) in unfortunate and sad circumstances. Has been my favourite ever since.

She is an excellent news reader. Probably dare say it - Better then the most of the other presenters i have seen both nationally and locally. :slight_smile: on the Ten network.

2 Likes

So does this mean Narelda Jacobs will be presenting Nationally during Christmas/New Year break?

Yes she will.

2 Likes

Great! It’ll be nice seeing her over the Christmas/New Year break! She’s a great presenter and I’m glad Ten has seen that and has given her the opportunity to host the National bulletin! She deserves National attention. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Example of “See Why We’re Different” TVC for Ten News Brisbane

6 Likes

A montage of Ten News at Five Melbourne from last week. Thanks @CQtvNetwork.

FWIW, I find how Candice and Stephen finish each others sentences rather weird. Candice Wyatt has improved slightly but is not outstanding, neither is Quartermain TBH.

5 Likes

You think so huh? Gun shots, murders, car accidents, truck rollovers, crocodile bites someone., missing people, robberies.
Not news? Okay. Clearly you don’t live in a society where there is no crime. Crime has no holiday :stuck_out_tongue: Especially in Perth.

Yes, after Christmas. (thanks @lachlan_kennedy)

Yeah, there will definitely be some news over the Christmas/New Year period. Will there be less major news than usual? Of course. But the world doesn’t shut down just because it’s the Christmas/New Year period.

And lets not forget the weather. There have been several major weather events all over the country ranging from bushfires to cyclones over the Christmas period over the past. What’s to say that there won’t be a major weather event somewhere this festive season?

True, but crime is at its level in decades, despite what the media would have you believe…

Local news isn’t important.

1 Like

sorry disagree. To me local news is just as important as the stupid national bulletins .

So when ten do the stupid national bulletins on that week I swap over to 9 news , because I know st least there will be news on my local state that I care about then the arrogance of Sydney or Melbourne.

2 Likes

The problem with Ten is that they don’t want to spend the money on their news. They expect “quick solutions” to biting into 7 and 9’s bulletins. Just like with Wake Up, and the news revolution. Wake up lasted only 6 months and the news revolution… well we know what happened there.

If TEN actually kept up with what they attempted, I’m sure that we’d have a very different looking TV landscape right now in regards to news competition between 7, 9 and 10.

7 Likes