Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Lachlan Kennedy is presenting news tonight.

3 Likes

Olivia Phyland on weather once again also.

4 Likes

Amanda Jason gave birth to her second child on the 18th January, almost a month before her due date.

2 Likes

I noticed Nicole Strahan has came back from her mat leave, as Nic was reporting on the news last night

Ten News Perth smashed 9 News Perth by 40k. Ten got back into 100k mark a couple of nights ago :+1:

11 Likes

Herald Sun reports in today’s print edition that Brad McEwan has decided to leave Ten after working there for nearly 20 years, to pursue other projects. Brad presented sport on the Melbourne bulletin and also alongside Sandra Sully on the late news (I will always remember the banter between the two). He will still be on air for another three months. Big loss for Ten.

11 Likes

Of course, Sydney & Brisbane viewers have also had Brad McEwan as their sports presenter on Ten’s 5pm bulletin in the past!

Presumably a current Ten Melbourne sports reporter will be given the position after Brad presents his final sport segment?

4 Likes

Ten should go after someone high profile rather than promoting from within. They need to build up there experienced ranks

2 Likes

Moving Stephen back to sport would be a good start and then hiring someone else with a bit of a profile to present the news, not that I can see that happening.

10 Likes

Caty Price?

Big loss for Ten.

I actually agree with you. Someone like Michael Felgate from Seven Melbourne would work well.

Move Quartermaine back to sport and rehire Kapalos.

14 Likes

Cheaper option (not that I can see either happening): Give Candice Wyatt her old newsreading position back, move Stephen Quartermain back to sport and hire a new news and/or sport reporter for Melbourne.

3 Likes

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

2 Likes

Surely there’s someone undervalued at seven or nine that could come across and be lured by the power of cbs.

Ten would be in a stronger position to recruit with the security cbs provide.

1 Like

That’s sad to see that Brad McEwan is leaving the network. I wish him all the best.

In the last few months we have seen Adam Hawse, Tim Hiplsey and now Brad McEwan leaving the network.

Also, Melinda Nucifora isn’t with Ten anymore as she has deleted all references to Ten on social media.

6 Likes

Melbourne needs a female on their bulletin. My guess that Caty Price will get the gig. Plus we rarely see Rob Waters fill-in these days

2 Likes

Lachlan Kennedy presenting news with Tim Hipsley presenting sport and Olivia Phyland presenting the weather tonight.

1 Like

Josh Holt is presenting in Queensland this week, in addition to reading the weather.

2 Likes

8 Likes