Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Sunday’s bulletin will be locally produced for Brisbane.

9 Likes

Should we be expecting anymore News related announcements apart from the name change and new look?

you’ll have to wait for it… sorry.

Absolutely no worries. Completely understand it’s not your place.

4 Likes

@lexington STOP TEASING US!!! :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

4 Likes

It’s only two weeks from today

A possible sign of things to come? :wink:

Or is that being unrealistically optimistic?

2 Likes

no.

yes mate, due to Studio 10 commitments.

1 Like

No as in, it’s not unrealistic? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:roll_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

8 Likes

This theme was just right - bold, different, and fresh-sounding, like the Ten brand. It also had a classy and “quality” sound to it. And it represents a time when Ten News’ reputation - with its strong late news and 5pm News at almost 1 million viewers - was actually pretty high. Here’s hoping they can get a decent theme that stands out.

First clip recorded by me

2 Likes

Sure, but Seven and Nine were achieving 1.6 - 1.8m

That first theme sounds great.

I don’t want them to stray too far from the current theme. I think it’s the best in the country. It has authority, it’s modern and it almost demands your attention.
I just hope they don’t screw it up - I love it.

5 Likes

I agree. Tweak it at most but don’t completely replace it!

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Network Ten 2019

I agree. I hated the news revolution theme adding in the beeps. It was a mess. That’s when Tens news theme went downhill. And then there was the 2012 variant - It was weak and horrible.
The current one is the best they have and I don’t know how you can make it better to be honest. I just hope we don’t get some US jumble of sensationalist theme (Remeber the 7NEWS one that lasted a week?)

He was at Kings Domain at St Kilda Road, in front of Walker Fountain.

1 Like

The same four note “Ten News signature” tune has been used in all of Ten’s news themes since the August 1994 relaunch, so I’m fully expecting it to be retained for any updated version for the next evolution of their news branding.

I’m sure people said that about the theme music for ABC News & SBS World News prior to their relaunches last year, but both networks did alright updated versions/remixes of their signature tunes.

As for how Ten’s news theme could be made better…perhaps by having a slightly more serious/dramatic/dark sound to match most of the news these days?

Probably a very good thing that Seven News’ 2014 theme music only lasted a week (although if I’m being honest, it really shouldn’t have made it to air at all), because it would’ve sounded just a bit inappropriate having that sound while reading news of a major disaster or terrorist attack! :confused:

1 Like