Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I really dislike how the two Ten News logos onscreen are different in everyway

4 Likes

Melbourne got the new set before Brisbane in November 2014

2 Likes

Whoops, typo! Thanks for picking that up!

On another note, I do agree the Melbourne set would’ve been the better choice set-wise, Brisbane has a video backdrop while I believe that Melbourne just has a static image. For a national bulletin, there’s really only one option in this case.

Odd though that Melbourne being the larger station wasn’t upgraded to a video backdrop…

Edit: Melbourne does have a video backdrop

Melbourne does have a video backdrop

So it does, my apologies. I wonder why they would then present the weekend bulletin from Brisbane when it’s both further from Sydney and has a lesser set compared to Melbourne.

1 Like

Maybe because Josh Holt was doing the weather from Brisbane so they already had to power up the studio there?

Perth won’t get the news next Saturday, however Brisbane and Adelaide will get the news.

Ten Sydney’s Chief of Staff / Network Planning has left to re-join Seven Sydney as Assignment Editior / COS Desk according to his twitter profile.

4 Likes

Slight modifications for the Sydney/national set expected tonight, after Studio 10’s multi-purpose set is launched this morning:

1 Like

I don’t know for sure, but all the talk here seems to miss the point that sets can be bumped in and out at a moments notice.

I don’t think there will be any change for Sydney’s news. I could be wrong, but I don’t see why there would be.

2 Likes

Because it’s clear that in the picture posted in the studio 10 thread that the timber surrounds from the video wall and screens from the news set which they’ll now be using as part of their new set along with other panels have been removed and possibly replaced - therefore bringing it into line asthetic wise with the rest of the country.

1 Like

it’s possible. or they are different screens… Studio 10 has their own.

Not a plasma wall they don’t.

Why wouldn’t they take the opportunity to also refresh the news set? Studio 10 has already taken care of the plasmas so all the news folk need to do is remove the timber trim from the desk (should screw right off) and they’re done.

1 Like

Would anyone be able to record Sydney’s news tonight just the opener or bulletin i’m not to fussy. Just overseas ATM and the sites are blocked so i can’t see anything only via youtube. :slight_smile: Also if the wooden panels surrounding the plasmas have been removed… circa 2012/13?

4 Likes

It appears that the wood paneling is still around the screens on this morning’s Studio 10 set?

5 Likes

It’s slimmer now and has led lighting strips through it though.

The LEDs have always been there since the faux wood was introduced, it’s just always been blue for the news - this may be the first time we’ve seen them lit in a different colour (white).

2 Likes

It’s a brand new edge and base, if they are indeed the same screens used for the news.

Cap credit

9 Likes

Large police chase in South Western Sydney at 1:30pm yesterday. Police officers jumped into a river to save a woman. Story on 7. Story and live on 9. Nothing on 10, but they will do something on it tonight, over 24 hours later.

It was the lead story on The Project last night. Ten News tweeted footage yesterday, not sure about their broadcast.