Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Well it is a national broadcast and there needs to be a balance of local stories from each state not just Sydney centric stories. My understanding is that 7NEWS At 5 didn’t even cover it.

News Update with chroma key:

11 Likes

She looks like she’s leaning forward from resting her arms on her knees…

1 Like

I’m just looking at Ten Play. I can’t see a single Sydney story that they’ve uploaded at all. I’m not naive enough to say they didn’t do anything Sydney related at all, I’m sure they did but didn’t upload it, but what else in Sydney was bigger than the police chase? Just had a quick look at everything else 7 and 9 did last night and apart from the police chase and maybe one other story, the rest of fluf. Obviously wasn’t a busy day. 9 managed to cover it at 5pm.

Can’t find the project online so can’t watch it. I’ll take your word for it but nothing for them to boast about. They tweeeted vision released by NSW Police, doubt their Project coverage was much more than that.

https://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/the-project/2017/10/15

Thank you.

So they ran vision from 9 News and NSW Police. That says it all really. Pretty pathetic.

If you look closer at the comparison there are a strip of LED lighting within the wooden edging. The old wood ones haavr it under the base of the panel that lit the below backing.

She probably is, as indicated in the video below, the chair in the green screen studio sits pretty low.

No Sydney set change:

9 Likes

The platform looks different.

Was really hoping for a refresh!!

8 Likes

They’ve replaced the riser and it’s also lower, from the close shot of Sandra (you can see the wooden surround more). Looks like the video wall has been brought in more too.

9 Likes

Ten News has always been on the cheap. I’m not all that surprise there’s been no set changed shame we didn’t get something like Melbourne set here in Sydney.

3 Likes

Destroying those wooden panels and getting a new desk (perhaps angular) would smarten out the set immeasurably.

10 Likes

You realise they still have basically no money yeah? CBS might have given them some cash to keep going, but until they fully take over, there’s really no money to spend on anything that’s not essential.

5 Likes

The platform definitely looks better black that’s for sure!

So either two things - studio 10 has its own big plasmas. OR they use the News ones and slot the old wood panels over the the top of the studio 10 ones for the news.

1 Like

We are talking petty cash figures here. They could make a huge impact with less than $1k I reckon, which is pocket change given they just spent $12k on LED lighting for the new Studio 10 set and we can’t even see most of it!!

They had a step around the back.

1 Like

The black outline doesn’t suit the set. Not a fan of this subtle stage.
They badly need a new and proper set. Here’s hoping that CBS get to work ASAP.

2 Likes

More set caps:

5 Likes

Can’t wait to see how the Ten News set has been impro–

14 Likes