Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

It’s that simple! It’s amazing it hasn’t been implemented for a long time. The new news director knows the concerns with local news on weekends and wouldn’t be surprised if an announcement will happen before the end of the year :+1:

1 Like

Unfortunately they’re along way off from implementing this.

They literally only have two reporters rosted on (over the weekend) in Melbourne. I think there’s only one crew in both Adelaide and Perth over the weekends.

Let’s just say the National Weekend bulletin in its current form is well under resourced. It could be a lot better.

Even the Sunday Project needs to pool footage from seven and nine.

3 Likes

I would hope that weekends is one of the next things to improve then.

1 Like

every network pools vision…

Correct, but my point is, and what I hope to see in the future is a well resourced bulletin on weekends - even if it is still nationally produced. I think it’s clear that Perth needs a separate (or up to date) edition on weekends. This was the norm prior to the 2014 cuts.

1 Like

Something different

16 Likes

For those interested, video starts on the weather.

6 Likes

Family Feud Logies message after tonight’s closer.

1 Like

Steve Renouf looking very casual tonight

8 Likes

Wow, didn’t get the dress code memo.

8 Likes

I think he was plugging deadly choices, although he could have stolen some pants from wardrobe.

1 Like

indeed.

1 Like

Great to see they are utilising that LHS screen. I really wish Brisbane would get one as it looks better than the green screen.

2 Likes

I wonder if Sydney would be willing to part with the RHS video wall that they never use, and let Brisbane repurpose it for the LHS.

Sydney uses it so that Daily Bailey’s daily pumping out of Prime.

2 Likes

I’m so tired I thought this was talking about the Nine News set. Whoops!

2 Likes

Also an integral part of the Studio 10 set.

4 Likes

Hug;s standing presentation tonight

6 Likes

Ten really needs to find Hugh a permanent vehicle. He has shown his talent and loyalty to the network - time for the rewards.

15 Likes

He is great on The Project and Studio 10 alongside his reporting with Ten News. A very versatile presenter in many ways I think. They should give him the late news back.

9 Likes