Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

He is great on The Project and Studio 10 alongside his reporting with Ten News. A very versatile presenter in many ways I think. They should give him the late news back.

9 Likes

But he maybe happy at what he is currently doing…variety!

2 Likes

Just tossing an idea into the ocean: Put three newscasters on the Sydney 5pm show every week — if it will ever run 7 days ever again, if not, we’ll include the weekend national bulletins. Sandra does 3, Hugh does 3 and an up and coming reporter/presenter does the odd day every week. Sandra and Hugh fill up the rest of their work week with reporting or editorial roles and the reporter is on general assignments.

They pretty much already do this with Sandra, Tarsh and Hugh. I know it’s not exactly what you are proposing but they are already set for 5pm newsreaders in Sydney.

The better place for your up and coming presenters to learn the ropes is on daytime or late news bulletins, just as Sandra and Tarsh did. Repetition every day and the opportunity to put their own personality/stamp on their own bulletin while building a rapport with the audience on a daily basis is far better than once weekly exposure at 5pm.

2 Likes

News Updates from Perth to cover Sydney shooting

6 Likes

So updates for Sydney are coming from Perth tonight to cover the shooting?

3 Likes

Looks that way.

We’re starting to see signes that TEN is committed to news again. Baby steps, but it is happening.

11 Likes

I thought the update in Perth looked a little different tonight.

2 Likes

Updates from Perth for major breaking news has been the strategy in place since the demise of the Late News. It’s not new.

1 Like

Indeed, but not always consistent. Not a bad use of resources though, looks good coming from Perth imo.

3 Likes

The globe background wasnt spinning

Brisbane got the first live cross tonight to Dan Sutton in Thailand

Also a live cross to Joe Hill in the newsroom

3 Likes

Great to see the news department stepping up​:smile::+1::ok_hand:

5 Likes

Green screen update from almost 5 years ago.

Another from 11 March 2014. In the regular studio.
1 Like

Back when they were about double the length of time as to what they currently are, much more informative.

2 Likes

Yep, I think after the second round of cost cutting measures in 2014… they became less informative and very choppy.

1 Like

Inconsistent! + some caps from tonight.

Lachlan Kennedy on sport

and weather with Amanda Hart

9 Likes

Is there still a Ten News revamp coming?

5 Likes

Id say so…patience :+1:

4 Likes

Shame tonight’s schedule changes appears not to have been promoted elsewhere, I mean good that it’s still being shown nonetheless but what’s the point if no one knows or is watching?

9 Likes