Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Looks so much better than Sydney.

2 Likes

News being presented from a different studio tonight. Possibly Brisbane?

Melbourne

Not the nicest set and they haven’t got the theme music right like they do in NSW!

I dunno - I like Melbourne’s clean lines… and it’ll be the same theme, used differently

6 Likes

Same theme, but like the QLD edition, different timings and it sounds mix-matched. Not quite down to QLD’s level though, thankfully

Weather from Brisbane

1 Like

I wonder what’s happening in the Sydney newsroom that they needed to use Melbourne tonight?

R E L A U N C H?

10 Likes

Hopefully some changes ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As much as I would like to see a relaunch (of the set at least) , I’d honestly preferred if they waited for the big one later in the year with the expected rebrand.

2 Likes

Maybe the pilot for Pointless AU or Game of Games is being filmed at Pyrmount?

2 Likes

Neither should affect the use of the newsroom
Studio.

nup. but I don’t know what.

1 Like

I don’t think Game of Games could be filmed at Pyrmont, it needs a massive studio.

The set is better, but it also looks like a set which has no connection to a newsroom.
With an update, I think Sydney would shit all over this look. Being placed inside the newsroom really elevates it IMO.

For that small space, the Ten Melbourne set is terrific.

Ten is apparently building the biggest set in it’s history for Game Of Games, so might struggle to be contained at Pyrmont.

It’s still unimaginative and cheap. The classic Mal-Helen set circa 2010-2013 was fantastic.

3 Likes

*2010-2011
They wrecked it in 2012 when they went with the three-screen setup

The Sydney set looked so good here. Such a shame they changed it.

12 Likes