Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

As much as I would like to see a relaunch (of the set at least) , I’d honestly preferred if they waited for the big one later in the year with the expected rebrand.

2 Likes

Maybe the pilot for Pointless AU or Game of Games is being filmed at Pyrmount?

2 Likes

Neither should affect the use of the newsroom
Studio.

nup. but I don’t know what.

1 Like

I don’t think Game of Games could be filmed at Pyrmont, it needs a massive studio.

The set is better, but it also looks like a set which has no connection to a newsroom.
With an update, I think Sydney would shit all over this look. Being placed inside the newsroom really elevates it IMO.

For that small space, the Ten Melbourne set is terrific.

Ten is apparently building the biggest set in it’s history for Game Of Games, so might struggle to be contained at Pyrmont.

It’s still unimaginative and cheap. The classic Mal-Helen set circa 2010-2013 was fantastic.

3 Likes

*2010-2011
They wrecked it in 2012 when they went with the three-screen setup

The Sydney set looked so good here. Such a shame they changed it.

12 Likes

Loved the simple ten logo bug too, none of the clutter that’s on screen today.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Yes that ridiculous revolving ‘ First At Five ‘ and
‘ Tendaily.com.au ‘ needs to be scrapped very much an eyesore! Atleast Nine scrapped that watermark they had and only use the ‘.com.au’ on supers.

1 Like

Breaking news

Montage from Ten Eyewitness News Melbourne, from last week:

4 Likes

Peter Ford reporting that Ten are looking at a ‘grander plan’ of moving news to 6pm or 7pm and that J Keyte is part of that wider plan in Melbourne (a female point of difference at 6pm).

https://www.3aw.com.au/tens-plan-could-see-jen-go-up-against-hitch-and-mitch-according-to-pete-ford/

4 Likes

when Peter Ford means next year, he meant this year

1 Like

This guy is more wrong that right when it comes to things like this.

12 Likes

if this is to believed and correct then maybe they will compete with 7 and 9 and have a game show at 5 instead of 6pm and have the news at 6

I actually like Quartermain’s presenting now that I’ve watched some. Kinda a shame he’s gone but hopefully he has a career at Ten beyond this.

1 Like