Ten (Darwin Digital Television)

Nice to See Channel 10 Darwin getting HD for the first time. 10 Darwin never looks so good in High Definition!

2 Likes

Yes and it’s a great idea to have HD on the main channel number. Is this the same in the metro markets?

1 Like

I know that the affiliates are under no obligation to match the network channel numbers but it’s pretty silly for each of them to choose their own different numbering.

WIN has 10 Bold and 10 Peach the wrong way around, Spencer Gulf and Darwin previously had 10 Peach on the correct number (51, 11) but moved them in their reshuffle.

Network 10 WIN (8x, 5x) Spencer Gulf (5x) Darwin Central
1 10 Bold WIN 10 SD 10 SD 10 Bold HD
10 10 SD WIN HD 10 HD 10 HD 10 SD
11 10 Peach 10 Bold 10 SD 10 SD 10 Peach
12 10 Bold 10 Peach 10 Bold 10 Bold
13 10 HD SNOW 10 Peach 10 Peach
14 TVSN TVSN SBN
15 Spree TV Gold
17 TVSN
2 Likes

It’s a strange configuration. I believe Peach should remain on 11 and Bold on 1.

10 SD can be moved up to 12.

10 Darwin also needs to warn viewers of this. I had to retune my tv this morning because all the channels were mixed up or disappeared. This will confuse more vulnerable viewers. However 10 Darwin local team don’t know how to make ads in widescreen so I doubt they know what 10 HD is.

1 Like

Will check when I get home, but I don’t think any changes are planned for Central.

Edit: No changes.

1 Like

It matches the Spencer Gulf channel order.

1 Like
3 Likes

(Someone reply so I can continue posting their monthly content in this thread)

2 Likes

Staffroom Stars? I think DTD is the only station recognising other company’s staff on TV.

2 Likes

All killer, no filler.

Wait, strike that. Reverse it.

2 Likes

It’s more of the General Manager putting her friends and connections on TV. I recall in one of the previous segments she put her wedding anniversary on TV.

No one actually signs up for these segments besides Small Business Spotlight.

2 Likes

1 Like

Just pack up and let community television volunteers take over.

1 Like

Quick mock of the Small Business Spotlight if it were presented in the style of a sponsor billboard. Used a real business from one of the spotlights on 10 Darwin’s website. The background artwork was pulled directly from this businesses website, it’s not mine.

Presuming that 10 Darwin already have access to the actual sponsor board, creating a still card for each business would probably take no more than 15 minutes of playing around. Use a plain colour backdrop or ask the business to provide one, play around with the details to make each card feel different.

10 Likes

Well you are going to be disappointed by this one.

They didn’t bother with a template. I believe the 10 Darwin manager uses PowerPoint to edit new ads or at least the templates. Here is this month’s new segment urging people to put themselves on a TV channel in hopes of finding a job when all businesses listed in the ad are CLOSED.

1 Like

Why is everything also sponsored by TerritoryFM? Do they have a close association with 10 Darwin?

1 Like

Because it’s the only company willing to sponsor these.

TFM having close ties with Nine benefits the relationship aswell as they have 50% ownership with DDT.

Side note, the voiceover artist on “The Job Lot” is the morning presenter on TerritoryFM.

3 Likes

Here is our fortnightly dose of 10 Darwin content;

They have created a thank you message but also found a sponsor for it aswell. Kinda defeats the purpose of what they are doing;

Looks like an upgrade to PowerPoint 2010 has occurred? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes