Ten Cricket Coverage

The new graphics are a lot nicer and cleaner than previous seasons. They aren’t a massive change. Rather a slight evolution of the previous graphics package.

4 Likes

Oh no! Stuck with Andrew Maher again for the WBBL. I just can’t stand to listen to him. It’s going to be a long season.

The graphics look awesome! Totally a step up in the boardcast.

Why are Adelaide playing a Melbourne team in Sydney?

Maybe the Adelaide oval is unavailable and the MCG just hosted an ODI?

1 Like

Being in HD is a big help as well.

1 Like

For the opening weekend, all eight teams are playing at North Sydney Oval as part of a ‘festival’ - it’s how Ten can show a doubleheader both today and tomorrow

There not showing all the woman’s matches are theu

correct. Ten will show 12 up from 10 last year

1 Like

Not really a great way to promote the game IMO. How can they build a fan base if they aren’t showing games in home states?

I think there’s been some men’s games in the past too which have been similar. It’s rare but I’m pretty sure there’s been a couple. Looking at the rest of the fixture they’ll be moving around to their home states for games and also doing a lot in regional cities. I can see Bendigo is getting a few and the Hurricanes will play a game at UTAS Stadium (formerly Aurora) in Launceston as well as their actual home in Bellerive.

At least that’s better than the current Matador Cup competition where it’s all in Sydney and Perth and so most teams never get to play in their own state.

Well actually on TV. :slight_smile:

Not really the way to build a fan base…

I actually don’t think it’s a bad idea. Hook viewers in with TV coverage of the team the week before to build excitement then you’re likely to get bigger crowds when they return ‘home’ for games.

3 Likes

The prime time coverage did sub300k in the ratings it seems. Not spectacular but I think cricket Australia would be pleased with those numbers. Looks like Ten did the same as it would on any other Saturday night

2 Likes

I think Ten and Cricket Australia would be pleased and it wouldn’t have been unexpected. Can’t expect massive interest straight away.

Ten’s media release says about Session 2 of second game “Biggest audience ever for a WBBL match.”

2 Likes

Big Bash games that start next week (18 Dec) are scheduled for replay the next morning on ONE at 8.00am. There is also a replay of last year’s Grand Final: Melbourne Stars V Sydney Thunder on Tuesday 18 Dec.

1 Like

Session 2 was ~30k up on the last game, fantastic result for CA & Ch 10.

However the Melbourne figure was around 70k+ higher than any other market :confused: