Ten Cricket Coverage

Nine has broadcast women’s cricket on the main channel.

1 Like

Has it? I was not aware of that, but I don’t follow what channel these sporting events are on or whether they are a lead in to the mens game… I think its just Ten’s way of trying to boast about their commitment to the sport. All networks do it.

Why did you mention my name for

1 Like

Another article on Ten’s upcoming BBL coverage but no mention of Andy Maher or Mark Howard. Please let it be true.

3 Likes

KFC Big Bash League And Rebel Women’s Big Bash League.

Pictured, from left to right, are Mark Howard, Mark Waugh, Lisa Sthalekar, Adam Gilchrist, Damien Fleming, Mel Jones, Roz Kelly, Andy Maher and Ricky Ponting.

The countdown is on. With the exciting, must-watch KFC Big Bash League and Rebel Women’s Big Bash League set to return Network Ten, the teams, commentators and fans are gearing up for another sizzling summer of explosive T20 cricket.

The KFC Big Bash League returns to Network Ten on Tuesday 20 December 2016. A bumper schedule will see 35 matches played in 40 days, including four double-headers. With all 35 matches to be broadcast in prime time, live and exclusive on TEN or ONE, fans will not miss a minute of the action.

The best commentary team in the business is back for 2016-17, led by multi-award nominated presenter Roz Kelly with cricket royalty Adam Gilchrist AM, Ricky Ponting AO, Mark Waugh AM and Damien Fleming, plus TEN Sport’s Mark Howard.

Also this summer, Australian cricket legend Andrew Symonds, current Australian cricket team coach Darren Lehmann and former New Zealand cricket captain Brendon McCullum will join the crew as special guest commentators for a number of games throughout the season, plus returning crowd favourite Kevin Pietersen.

The Rebel Women’s Big Bash League will see Australian greats Mel Jones and Lisa Sthalekar return to the commentary box with TEN Sport’s Andy Maher for 12 matches, including the final, to be broadcast live and exclusive on TEN or ONE (10 of the matches will be on TEN).

Starting the season with a special carnival launch weekend on Saturday 10 December, TEN will broadcast four WBBL matches across the weekend live from North Sydney Oval, including the keenly awaited prime time match between reigning champions the Sydney Thunder and the Melbourne Stars.

Fire up the barbie and don’t miss a minute of the action, live and exclusive, this summer on Network Ten.

KFC Big Bash League And Rebel Women’s Big Bash League.

Pictured, from left to right, are Mark Howard, Mark Waugh, Lisa Sthalekar, Adam Gilchrist, Damien Fleming, Mel Jones, Roz Kelly, Andy Maher and Ricky Ponting.

The countdown is on. With the exciting, must-watch KFC Big Bash League and Rebel Women’s Big Bash League set to return Network Ten, the teams, commentators and fans are gearing up for another sizzling summer of explosive T20 cricket.

The KFC Big Bash League returns to Network Ten on Tuesday 20 December 2016. A bumper schedule will see 35 matches played in 40 days, including four double-headers. With all 35 matches to be broadcast in prime time, live and exclusive on TEN or ONE, fans will not miss a minute of the action.

The best commentary team in the business is back for 2016-17, led by multi-award nominated presenter Roz Kelly with cricket royalty Adam Gilchrist AM, Ricky Ponting AO, Mark Waugh AM and Damien Fleming, plus TEN Sport’s Mark Howard.

Also this summer, Australian cricket legend Andrew Symonds, current Australian cricket team coach Darren Lehmann and former New Zealand cricket captain Brendon McCullum will join the crew as special guest commentators for a number of games throughout the season, plus returning crowd favourite Kevin Pietersen.

The Rebel Women’s Big Bash League will see Australian greats Mel Jones and Lisa Sthalekar return to the commentary box with TEN Sport’s Andy Maher for 12 matches, including the final, to be broadcast live and exclusive on TEN or ONE (10 of the matches will be on TEN).

Starting the season with a special carnival launch weekend on Saturday 10 December, TEN will broadcast four WBBL matches across the weekend live from North Sydney Oval, including the keenly awaited prime time match between reigning champions the Sydney Thunder and the Melbourne Stars.

Fire up the barbie and don’t miss a minute of the action, live and exclusive, this summer on Network Ten.

Andy Maher :imp:

Single handedly ruins what would be a decent coverage.

7 Likes

I second this!

So many pot shots against Maher on this and other forums. Aside from not being a former cricketer is he really that bad? I actually think he does a reasonable job but might work better in the hosting role rather than commentary position.

2 Likes

Kinda what I think about James Brayshaw as well. Good host but as a commentator, no thanks!

2 Likes

Yes. He gives everything a hysterical edge.

1 Like

Yes, he’s that bad. Going back to when Ten had the AFL rights as a boundary rider for their coverage and host of BTG. Just terrible. At least Brayshaw is good in the hosting role, Maher is shocking in all these roles.

4 Likes

###Rebel Women’s Big Bash League.

From 10 December 2016.

With just eight days to go until the Rebel Women’s Big Bash League returns to Network Ten, the teams, commentators and fans are gearing up for another summer of explosive women’s cricket.

Now in its second year, the Rebel Women’s Big Bash League will see Australian greats Mel Jones and Lisa Sthalekar back in the commentary box, with TEN Sport’s Andy Maher, for 12 matches, including the final, to be broadcast live and exclusive on TEN or ONE (10 of the matches will be on TEN).

The 2016-17 season will kick off in grand style on Saturday, 10 December with a special carnival launch, broadcast live on TEN from North Sydney Oval.

Join TEN Sport’s Roz Kelly and Andy Maher with expert commentators Lisa Sthalekar and Mel Jones from 1.30pm AEDT when the Adelaide Strikers take on the Melbourne Renegades to kick off the much anticipated season.

Then, at 6.00pm AEDT, cricket legend Adam Gilchrist will join Roz Kelly, Lisa Sthalekar and Mel Jones in the commentary box for the keenly awaited prime time match between reigning champions the Sydney Thunder and the Melbourne Stars.

The festival will continue on Sunday, 11 December from 10.30am AEDT when the Perth Scorchers take on the Hobart Hurricanes at North Sydney Oval. Then, at 2.00pm AEDT, the Sydney Sixers tackle the Brisbane Heat to round out a huge weekend of explosive T20 cricket.

2 Likes

Oh, I hope Andy Maher has been relegated to this WBBL that no-one watches meaning he won’t be appearing on the BBL. That would be awesome.

2 Likes

I expect Andy Maher still do BBL in case of a double header. Which in this case there is about 4 double headers.

He did minimal games last year.
Most bbl play by play was done by either mark Howard or Adam gilchrist.

2 Likes

BUT conveniently for him, Andy Maher got given the ‘major’ games to call last summer :+1: (prime-time Stars v Sixers, finals, etc)

Looks like Australia’s biggest advertiser Wesfarmers keeps forking out the big bucks prior to Christmas… Bunnings & Coles as well as KFC are the major sponsors for Ch 10’s cricket coverage, as well as others…

It’s probably been covered, but does anyone else really like the network promos for the 2016-2017 BBL cricket coverage? :grinning:

Very eye-catching, engaging & stylised.

I actually can’t wait for the BBL, which is without a doubt the biggest sporting and growth success in recent years, converting (if not watching both) traditional cricket lovers

1 Like

Rebel Women’s Big Bash League