Ten Cricket Coverage

Had to be. The comm box wouldn’t be that usual shot during an as break for that very reason.

2 Likes

Or not so subtle…

1 Like

When they returned Ricky also said something along the lines of that’s a delicious shot. I don’t think it was a nod to Bruce

Video of that strange moment:

6 Likes

Definitely a planned advert for KFC. Not a great one either.

1 Like

That was so good :smile:

Media Watch will be on to that one.

2 Likes

Really??? I thought it was quite tacky.

3 Likes

It’s horrible, but as it’s Ten coverage of cricket it won’t create waves; if nine had done it, OMG! Every man and his dog would be saying how horrible Nine are! #justsaying

5 Likes

It’s great to have Mark Nicholas posting here to defend Channel Nine Cricket at every opportunity.

5 Likes

I thought the cricket standard was to show the innings scorecard between overs. No way that wasn’t a subtle advertisement.

Ten barely shows the scoreboard between overs, if ever.

3 Likes

LOL. Thanks for the warm welcome, long time coming… image

2 Likes

Haha just kidding ya. You’re entitled to your opinion, of course.

2 Likes

Cricket coverage tonight went to a black screen for 3 balls.

Since been fixed but Watermark is missing and no HD.

4 Likes

Looks like they’ve lost their main satellite dish at the Gabba, they do have a backup ready though.

TEN Sydney had a technical issue tonight.

We got a black screen with just the HD logo on it for about a minute (WIN Newcastle was fine and in HD), and now the cricket is back on, but SD only and no TEN or HD logos!

What a game it was at the Gabba! Hobart Hurricanes made it 4 straight wins after beating the heat by 3 runs in a nailbiter.

1 Like

No watermark

Later

6 Likes

At the grounds around Australia they have a direct fibre connection to presentation/master control but also a backup microwave link. So for Big Bash they have a news link truck sending backup SDI feed to local station then onpassing that via DVN to Sydney.

1 Like