Ten Cricket Coverage

You might aswell tell CA not to bother coming to Perth at all then and cancel the Scorchers team!

2 Likes

does New Years Day count as that was a weekday too.

Harsh.

I was suggesting their are other ways / options.

I was joking mate, no harshness at all intended :+1:

1 Like

typical eastern states attitude that one. I agree with you.

1 Like

At least it’s a very fair point.

no it’s not. WA has a very large audience share for the big bash. If anything the comp should expand and include another WA team and probably even another QLD team.

2 Likes

I would do another SA team before WA or QLD. Adelaide matches have sold out in the past.

1 Like

For Ten, sure.

But CA care about ratings figures and population I’d have thought, not share?

Hence for starters, the two clubs in NSW and VIC - justified.

See. Reasonable point.

And Adelaide’s population is significantly smaller than Perth’s.

Its a good idea, but with the Boxing Day test in that period, it doesnt leave a lot of time to do it. With moves to extend the season into February when you’ll start losing interest its probably time to look at alternatives

1 Like

same thing. audience share, ratings… it all equals advertiser spend which means profit for the host broadcaster, which makes it a viable commodity to auction, which increases the bids come rights renewal.

you just shot your own argument in the foot. Adelaide games sell out but there is less population. Perth’s games at the WACA have all sold out… and their game on Friday night at the GABBA sold out too.

So WA should get another team before Adelaide.

2 Likes

People don’t want to watch bbl games in the middle of the day in summer especially in Perth!

1 Like

Test matches there do okay for crowds. Not as though Perth is always stifling hot. This summer has been quite cool from what I’ve seen, relatively speaking.

1 Like

We should wait for new Perth Stadium first.

Adelaide Oval is much bigger than WACA, hence my point.

CA would look at that, plus its impressive Day/Night test ratings, but that’s not BBL.

It’s an interesting point.

Often Perth will have a run of sunny and very hot (35-40) days, whilst Sydney will be pouring with rain, with Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide somewhere in-between.

This Ashes:

•Brisbane was okay, a bit overcast, but mostly dry
A drop of rain or two did occur.
•Adelaide was good.
•Perth was awful, bucked the trend.
•Melbourne was beautiful the first two days, also a little different from the norm. Wet Day 4.
•Sydney was dry and sunny for the most part, expect very wet most of Day 1.

Is the talent pool there to support expansion? I doubt it

1 Like

as much as QLD.

Could they allow more international talent in the squads?

1 Like

I think you’d have to

1 Like

After the last over we watched Mark Howard pass a bucket of KFC around the commentary box in silence. Different advert.

1 Like

So I’m guessing there was meant to be an adbreak at the end of the 11th over there where instead we just saw the view from in the commentary box including the following highlights:

• Ricky taking off the headset.
  • Howie putting his feet up and wearing thongs I think and picking up a bucket of KFC and offering it to the others.
  • Ricky saying no to the KFC but getting thrown some popcorn chicken and eating it.
  • The others throwing a couple of pieces in the air and eating it before finally
  • Howie counting them back in, Ricky putting on the headset and then coverage continuing as per normal.

Nothing wrong with it all, funny to see what happens in the ad break but it was not what I expected when the ad break was due. Unless it was just some more subtle KFC advertising!

4 Likes