Ten Cricket Coverage

Renee Farrell did boundary commentator for the women’s game

2 Likes

You should try to record it next time.

1 Like

Can we assume Dave Barham has quickly replaced all of Hawse’s scheduled matches with her then?

And for BBL, probably Lisa Sthlekar or Roger Oldridge?

Andy Maher must be spewing he isn’t doing play by play for the men’s game. They have that woman doing it. Least she plays cricket.

1 Like

He’s the WBBL caller.

He should thank his lucky stars he is even in the combox!

1 Like

A demotion whatever way you look at it.

1 Like

Think you’ll find if there’s anyone that is ecstatic that Mel Jones is doing play by play then it is Andy Maher.

1 Like

He always calls the Melbourne Derby BBL cricket match at the MCG, been breaking crowd records each year too (though usually a twilight start).

Ros Kelly’s interviewing technique is really hard to watch.

5 Likes

1 Like

Ten has a backlog of cricket broadcasting inventions they haven’t used on-air.

One invention that never received a public outing on Ten is a “Telestrator”, which allowed the commentators to draw on the screen, as they do, sometimes clumsily, on Nine. “You could place fielders on the ground, it was fantastic,” Barham explains. “We used it in a lot of practice sessions, but the more we tried to put it in, the more it messed up the natural feel between the guys. If you start cutting that for technology, you ruin it. So this year we haven’t tried to develop anything because we’ve had years of developing things that we haven’t used. We’ll keep those ideas for something else, hopefully.”

Bucketheads and Blockheads: there are lessons for Nine in Ten's BBL coverage

3 Likes

Plenty of people having a whinge over the coverage last night, continually talking about the AFL and inside jokes between the commentators. So to those that whinge about Nine, see Ten has the same problem!

Main culprit- Kevin Pietersen. Wonder where I’ve heard him before???

1 Like

What?

The commentary banter is one of the best things about Ten’s BBL :smile:

Well they clearly watched, even though it was a one-sided belting by the Melbourne Regenades, winning all timeslots.

I loved seeing Geelong last night, big success!

1 Like

Didn’t they almost lose because they didn’t understand the rules.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/blogs/tim-blair/never-celebrate-before-its-time-to-celebrate/news-story/686caa74309f7ffa2f3be2b69415ead0

That’s the WBBL.

1 Like

:joy:

Looks like Andy Maher won’t be commentating a BBL game this season, for the first time.

He at least usually called the Melbourne Derby at the MCG (he’s still listed for that game, but boundary - like tonight in Tassie).

I know he hosts their WBBL and that’s a lot of work, but interesting none the less, perhaps a mutual decision? Or maybe told to step aside?

Looks like a straight up demotion to me. Well deserved.

Why he was ever in there in the first place when they had experienced commentators in Gilchrist, Ponting, Fleming , Waugh, Jones etc i will never know. They never needed a network hack to guide them let alone one who thinks he has any idea about cricket. Embarassing,

2 Likes