Ten Cricket Coverage

CUA is the new sponsor.

2 Likes

It was a thriller … good ratings for tent

1 Like

Tonight’s telecast finished at 11:36pm AEST, 25min overtime from EPG.

Who cares

3 Likes

when considering the game finished almost the duration of their scheduled programming for the Big Bash. I believe it was 11.07pm

The situation (albeit not perfect for viewers and total people ratings), is ideal for Ten.

As ONE gets massive shares, thanks to Perth (entirety) and Brisbane (first hour). As well as its other programming in Syd, Melb and Adel.

Add to that the main channel share, as well as whatever Eleven gets (which at times is also high during summer, with say a blockbuster movie).

Giving the network dominant wins.

the video streaming on cricket.com.au just had a sydney newsbreak during the adverts. this is diffrenet to the test coverage which has the same 5 or so adverts on repeat

1 Like

Tonight’s telecast finished at 11:35pm AEDT, 23min overtime from EPG.

Wasn’t able to watch the coverage tonight but how was Michael Vaughn’s debut BBL commentary performance?

Are you gonna do this for every game?

8 Likes

How are the BBL overruns compared to the AFL overruns on Seven, or is it too early to give an informed opinion?

2 Likes

I won’t do it again. Sorry.

1 Like

Just curious. I could understand if it was for scripted / reality shows cause that’s just poor planning from the networks but live sporting events has to be expected I think. The networks, especially Ten based on what Tv Cynic posts are pretty good at sending through time adjusted numbers when overrun occurrs past the epg time also.

2 Likes

Cricket Australia is pretty strict on BBL matches. Each team must bowl its allocated 20 overs within 80 minutes with allowances for third umpire review, player injuries etc. There is a 15 minute break between innings. The first two BBL matches of this season both finished 10-15 minutes overtime.

1 Like

I notice Ten’s broadcast centre also adjust the EPG straight away (like Nine), but Seven never do.

1 Like

Nine do? My Fetch certainly doesn’t update when the cricket finishes early. Haven’t noticed Ten.

1 Like

Correct. No idea about Fetch however.

There was one stage last week (during rain delays), the EPG changed about 5 times, was rather funny.

Ah ok, we had ashes all night after the match finished. Must be a fetch thing.

1 Like

Will Adam Hawse remain part of Ten’s BBL cricket, despite leaving Ten News?

I notice EPG still has him listed for WBBL right now.

Also of note, Andy Maher calling 2 of 3 telecasts today (WBBL > BBL arvo).

Didn’t do the boundary today for Ten, so…

1 Like