Ten (Central Digital Television)

Actually, I’d rather see back-to-back promos used as filler instead of community or religious advertising. At least it would be fresh and not as repetitive.

3 Likes

Ten Central South still has the same chunk of organisational and religious ads in the last few months. The point is that Ten is not having enough different advertising of other products. They could have gone with government ads and retail.

That’s all the advertisers they have… they’re not just going to air a variety of other ads for free just for the sake of variety.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree. As I said the loop of religious ad/music videos used to drive me nuts. Though the scenery loop was very repetitive I could put up with it just that little bit more. :wink:

IIRC SCA’s datacasting channel ‘MyTalk’, which began broadacasting in 2007, just had a loop of promos exactly like that played in a small box with a days old ‘newsfeed’ as the main focal point.

1 Like

Found these caps of the channel on an old hard drive.

SCTV:

IMG_1006

SC10:

IMG_1008

5 Likes

Ten Central still using old filler promos and CSA supers.

Old Central logo from a 2013 recording:

4 Likes

10 Central channels are looking really sharp tonight.

Last night:

Tonight:

Also 10 Bold looks a lot closer to native HD than it ever has before (excluding the watermark):

Examples are pretty shit. I’ll try and recap the CSA from my previous post as a better comparison.

6 Likes

Watching a bit of CDT (“10 Central - South” as per LCN) whilst on a stopover in Cobar.

Didn’t know they were airing Melbourne editions of 10 News (ala with SC7 and HSV7 news) feels weird watching Victorian News smack bang in the middle of NSW. Leaves Prime7, Imparja and ABC with Sydney news though.

Watermarks on 10 (LCN 10), “10Bold Central” (1) and “10Peach Central” (11) are the same as the metro channels. No HD or datacast channels. Looks like there is no “North” or “South” version of either secondary channel. Just did a rescan on the motel telly to check!

3 Likes

That’s weird. CDT should have a separate stream for NSW.

2 Likes

The only issue for me with the lack of North/South for 10Bold and 10Peach (as well as 7Mate and 9Gem) is that either NT/QLD or NSW/VIC/SA will get programs 1 hour earlier/later during daylight savings.

I’ve got a feeling that someone posted somewhere in this forum that it’s QLD and NT that get it earlier then?

In a perfect world, all the commercial channels in the Remote Central & Eastern market would have a state-based stream, or at least a timezone-based stream, just like ABC and SBS.

10 Peach Central does have a North/South split. It’s only the HD’s that have a single stream for both North and South, based on either Sydney or Melbourne schedules, which means Qld and NT viewers get programs an hour earlier on those channels during DS.

2 Likes

Thanks, perhaps it’s just not reflected in the LCN names like the QQQ/IMP secondary channels are.

It’s probably too long for the set-top box to display it. The channel names are

10 Peach Central - North
10 Peach Central - South

Prior to the 2018 Network 10 rebrand, they omitted Central from the name, probably due to the excessive length

ELEVEN - North
ELEVEN - South

4 Likes

Looks like 10 BOLD Central, the last legacy 10 BOLD HD in existence, is now in native HD instead of upscaled SD.

12 Likes

Probably wishful thinking, but 10 now providing a Full HD stream in preparation for 10 Bold HD? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Has been HD on VAST for a while now.

2 Likes

How recently? Must only be a month or two at most.

Not sure, noticed a few weeks ago.

1 Like

CDT schedule for Thursday 24 March (North East zone)
04:00 pm The Bold and the Beautiful special time
04:30 pm 10 News First special time
06:00 pm The Project special time
06:30 pm Football: Socceroos V Japan (pre-match begins on 10 Bold at 6:00pm)
09:00 pm Law & Order: S.V.U Rpt
10:00 pm Law & Order: S.V.U Rpt
11:00 pm The Project Rpt

South East zone has the same primetime schedule as 10 in Sydney and Melbourne.

2 Likes