Telstra TV

Wow took them a while. In that time I had upgraded to an Apple TV 4K .

3 Likes

The Telstra TV app still shows the Aspire and SNOW logos in Canberra.

For proof:

3 Likes

About 1600 set top boxes were seized by Hong Kong Customs officials last week, during a raid on a ship suspected of smuggling goods to Malaysia. These set top boxes carry the Telstra logo.

https://www.customs.gov.hk/en/customs-announcement/press-release/index_id_3668.html

2 Likes

I replaced mine with an Apple TV in 2019 and never looked back .

1 Like

Telstra TV will gradually be replaced by Fetch set-top boxes over the next year, after the telco bought a 51% stake in Fetch in April 2022.

1 Like

This is finally starting to happen. Got a notification from Telstra through their app, offering a free Fetch Mini 4K to replace a recent-generation Telstra TV I got a couple years ago - offer good through late March next year.

Needless to say, I am taking them up - knowing how I use Foxtel currently (especially, watching ESPN more than I do Fox Sports), I could probably replace $60/month with $6 or $12 sometimes >_>

1 Like

Foxtel/Streamotion apps aren’t on Fetch yet though are they?

2 Likes

Not as far as my box says, although it is an Optus one…

1 Like

Why would they? Hubbl’s likely to be an outright competitor once Foxtel starts it up, so even though Telstra still has a stake in it, why would they put them on Fetch - even on the Telstra version of?

1 Like

Notification about Telstra TV Box Office Shut Down

Some dates:

When will Telstra TV Box Office shut down?

Telstra TV Box Office will cease service from 11:59PM on 30 June 2024.

Why is Telstra TV Box Office shutting down?

Telstra has partnered with Fetch to provide entertainment experiences to Telstra customers. Click here to find out more about Fetch.

What will happen when Telstra TV Box Office shuts down?

• You won’t be able to browse our movie catalogue
  • You won’t be able to rent or watch any movies
  • You won’t be able to watch previously purchased movies or TV shows
  • You won’t be able to view your Telstra TV Box Office wishlist
  • You won’t be able to view, update or change your Telstra TV Box Office account settings

What are the key dates that I should be aware of?

• Until 16 June 2024, you can rent movies from Telstra TV Box Office and watch any content in your library.
  • From 17 June 2024, you can’t rent any movies. You can only watch content in your library, including any movies you rented before 17 June 2024 that haven’t already expired.
  • On 30 June 2024, Telstra TV Box Office will shut down and you’ll lose access to any content in your library. If you have Fetch from Telstra, you can move most of your library to your Fetch account.
  • On 31 January 2025, the ability to move your Telstra TV Box Office library to Fetch will be closed.
1 Like

In the e-mail Telstra sent out, they said that they’re going to close Telstra TV later in the year. Does this mean that the Telstra TVs will stop working?

1 Like

If you click the link everything is explained. It continues via Fetch.

1 Like

I believe the intention is that they will stop working, customers with active TTVs have been offered Fetch boxes

1 Like

I was referring to the Telstra TV Box, not the Box Office service. The e-mail didn’t contain any links other than generic Telstra ones. The link in the first post in this topic only talks about what happens to Telstra TV Box Office.

1 Like

What will happen to those Telstra TV set top boxes? The FAQs don’t say anything about it.

1 Like

Landfill?

1 Like

That’s potentially tens of thousands of STBs going to landfill. Can they be recycled?

1 Like

Electronic waste can be recycled but it’s up to people to drop them off at council recycling centres.

1 Like