Tech Talk

HOW DO I MAKE MY LOW QUALITY MEMES NOW?

F

2 Likes

:frowning: sad day for paint users

2 Likes

What a sad tribute.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

GIMP https://www.gimp.org/

Paint.NET is another good freeware alternative to Microsoft Paint, and I’m sure there are others out there.

2 Likes

There’s also Paint.net http://getpaint.net/
Probably a bit more user friendly than GIMP, but has less features, but more features than Paint.

1 Like

That looks like it was done by either a 5 year old or someone who has just downed 15 schooners :crazy_face:

PRESS F TO PAY RESPECTS

F

MY MEMES ARE GONE BEFORE THEIR TIME

2 Likes

“MS Paint is here to stay, it will just have a new home soon, in the Windows Store where it will be available for free.”

2 Likes

Adobe has announced it will retire Flash Player at the end of 2020. This will affect many websites and computers around the world because they run on the software for videos and animation.

2 Likes

Way too late. The sooner flash is gone completely, the better.

1 Like

Yes, it’s good if you are running Windows, not so good on some other platforms.

What a big week for technology. Now Apple has officially killed off iPod Nano and iPod Shuffle as well! I bought a 4th generation iPod Nano back in 2008 IIRC and it is still working today.

4 Likes

I got one back then too, but haven’t touched it in five years. I use my Android phone for music.

1 Like

I’m a bit the same, except I got a 64GB iPod Touch.
Haven’t used it since I took it overseas last year.

1 Like

1 Like

it’s not real (yet). Just art.

1 Like

Whilst it’s a good idea, I think I would prefer that it was more of a enclosed device like an old fashioned player to help protect the cassette a bit.

I hope it’s successful though, there’s virtually no cassette players on the market these days.

1 Like

I have massive problem with my home laptop. It is a HP Pavilion which I bought in 2008. It had Windows Vista preinstalled but I upgraded it to Windows 7 in 2009.
The problem began on Sunday morning when I was watching YouTube. A blue screen appeared and the computer crashed.

I reset as normal and everything went smoothly.
On Monday the laptop crashed multiple times one of which was due to kernel power error 41. Using my smartphone I looked up methods to fix the problem, including changing the BIOS settings, use compressed air to clear the vent at the bottom of the laptop and do a memory test to no avail. The BIOS would not allow me to disable memory caching or shadowing. Programs worked OK in Safe Mode.
On Tuesday the computer worked normally for two hours before Firefox crashed. I have been using Readyboost with my USB for several years with no problems until that night, so I decided not to use it.
Yesterday I created a new power plan on my laptop and I thought I solved the kernel power error 41 problem. Then when I was downloading Windows updates the laptop crashed again, this time with a blue screen like this:

I tried a number of methods including system restore but it failed. Each time the computer crashed the system restore point just disappeared. And now the computer will not even boot. When I inserted the Windows 7 installation DVD into the CD/DVD drive to boot, my computer cannot identify the missing drive and now I cannot eject the DVD. Can anyone help? I don’t want to lose my personal files.
In the meantime, near my office is an IT company which includes data recovery services for businesses. I will visit the company at lunchtime to ask for an opinion.

I believe that’s a resourcing error that occurs when the computer has reached its quota of Delta Goodrem.

Are you able to boot into DOS at all? that may assist with file transfer.