Tech Talk

Yeah I know.

Their products are good, but I think they are overpriced.
They are usually at least a few hundred dollars more than the competition.
$2,369 for a phone?
$2,869 for a tablet?
Please…

2 Likes

Now Samsung following the trend for that new foldable phone last I heard.was around $3000 AUD. It’s a shit trend that I guess is gonna go for a few more years now.

1 Like

Not to mention the fact that they charge an arm and leg for their accessories…

I’ve had two iPads, several iPod touches, nanos and classics and a Apple TV…and to be honest, aside from using the iPads at work, there’s no real difference between it and the Android systems.

1 Like

If they can make them thin enough, all phones may be like that in future. Tablet and phone in one.

I’ve heard that creasing (of the screen) may be an issue with the foldable phones, as they are continuously opened or shut. Naturally they will also be more susceptible to damage when dropped etc.

2 Likes

:grin:

Why a CD-ROM? Why not a USB or a portable hard drive?

And why only a CD-ROM? You’d think they could afford at least a Blu Ray drive :grin:

1 Like
1 Like

And it won’t be cheap.

Rumours have the local asking price at around A$3,000.

At that price, you can have an S10+ and a Tab S4 and still have a considerable amount left over.

1 Like

The ACCC has blocked the merger between TPG and Vodafone Hutchison Australia. Rod Sims is again trying to manipulate a market to create competition - in this case wanting to force the creation of a fourth mobile phone network. He is assuming that if there is no merger that TPG will roll out a 5G mobile network, however TPG has already ceased work on their previously proposed mobile network. TPG, VHA, Vodafone and Hutchison have announced they will challenge the decision in the Federal Court.

2 Likes

so what happen to iinet customers like my self ??? since tpg acquired iinet

Good move. TPG has a long history of turning everything it acquires to shit.

1 Like
1 Like

Was hoping they’d have 5G, doesn’t look like it.

Pretty decent pricing outright though.

1 Like

i’ve decided a pixel 3a will be my next phone to replace my galaxy s8 now that the s8 is on LTS (security updates only - no OS updates) and the 3 was going to be my next phone but he price was a little steep. i’ll probally buy one tomorrow

2 Likes

Behind The News are still using stock footage of social media, from the iOS 6 days! That’s so “outdated” and offensive…

Weird to put outdated and not “offensive” in inverted commas, but sure

3 Likes