Tech Talk

:thinking: We’ve bred a generation of morons.

While I agree it’s nice not having these apps for a wee while, the fact that Whatsapp is also down shows how much we rely on ONE company to communicate with so many people.

I don’t really care about Facebook any more and have never really used What’s App but these days Instagram failing is like a News Feed being cut off.

Not important World News but all the rubbish that I’m interested in and feel I can’t live without. :joy:

Samsung and LG will release their range of 8K TV sets later this year. Do you want one?

I was looking for a new TV on the weekend and was told that they’re expecting a swag of new Samsung models released in May so there should be some heavy discounting to get rid of old stock.

Why bother when 8k content is non existent.

Even 4K content is still pretty thin on the ground.

Because everyone wants the latest technology. Remember when everyone rushed out to buy a 3D set? How did that go?

I didn’t.
3D wasn’t a game changer.
Nor was 4K (though it was more successful than 3D).
I think consumers will have learnt somewhat from this.

There’s evidence of this in smartphones sales, for instance. They are slowing, partly because of the high prices, and people know that there’s going to be something better just around the corner, like 5G.

I did but only because i needed a new TV at the time. Still haven’t actually watched anything 3D and the 3D glasses are still in the box they came in. :joy: