Survivor (US)

week 2 will be a double episode on Nine

What time will it air in week 2?

Really? I thought the very opposite. People purposely chosen, not because they are fans of the game and strategic, or likeable, but simply because they fit the generation ‘mould’.

In fact, rather than day to day people as you say, it felt like many of them would have fitted in well with CBS’ Amazing Race Youtubers cast…which I reckon was the dynamic they were going for.

There wasn’t one person I was barracking for in that first episode. I hated everyone. Everyone was awful. In fact the only person we formed some sort of connection with as viewers was the Jewish barista lady on Millennials…and only because she was ugly.

It was the weakest episode in years and years - and barely saved by the drama with the cyclone. I almost prefer the Australian Survivor. Even the filming style and volume etc. felt different.

1 Like

I wasn’t really impressed at all, but I expected that given the theme. I’ll be posting spoilers from here on in.

So many annoying unlikable players. The millennials were mostly awful. Especially that group of ‘hot cool kids’ that were too dumb to realise that four ain’t gonna cut it. It’s like shitty Caramoan all over again.

Jew girl, Mari, Zeke seem okay.

As for the oldies. Not much better. As annoying as Dave was I couldn’t help but like him. That male model seems like a sheep and an idiot. All those infected eyes made me want to vomit.

Sunday the walking bible can’t go soon enough, likewise the other young bimbo missionary. Figgy needs to be booted asap on that name alone. It’s almost as bad as Chicken or Benry. I particularity hate that young guy that shouts in confessionals.

Not keen on that Southern lawyer or mister he-man Boston cop.

The boot was pretty predictable. Actually everything about US survivor is predictable which is sort of grating. Of course the intro wasn’t going to be used, of course some over hyped thing was going to occur. I thought the immunity challenged sucked and the outcome was laughably obvious. I also thought Jiffy trying to insert himself more into the episode was cringeworthy. Nice to see he looks rejuvenated with another dose of botox and dye though.

1 Like

I have to agree I feel the theme is a little annoying. But it may work out. I felt the first episode was a little flat. I’m not sure if it is because of the postponing of filming though. I liked the first challenge and thought it was a good addition.

You do realise that these days generally the themes are chosen based on the casting. Like the last season Blood vs. Brains vs. Brawn was decided to be used again after they were finalising the cast and they felt the cast naturally fit into those categories. It is probably the case again here. Regardless themed tribes are usually only for the first few episodes and I predict after no more than3 or 4 episodes the tribes will be mixed up. They pretty much have to or the Millenials will dominate the challenges.

They do say that but I’m calling BS on that. I don’t think they could not let their bias seep through. I mean C’mon it’s the first time since the race split tribes we have so many Asians. That is not a coincidence and it was incredibly embarrassing/telling when CBS couldn’t even tell them apart. We also have a dearth of players from the entertainment industry, more religious people than normal etc. It feels like nearly all of these players were recruited/chosen to fit the theme. It doesn’t feel natural especially the millennial tribe. I mean last season you had Alecia/Tai that certainly didn’t belong on their respective theme tribes no matter how much production wants to pull something from their arse and claim they did. It felt way more natural of a theme like BVBVB that was chosen after casting. This does not.

Yet this season nearly everyone feels like a walking stereotype with huge amounts of religion chucked in. The awkward millennials, the shallow superficial millennials, the hard working Gen X, the non tech savvy Gen X. It feels really gimmicky and cheap.

It’s going to be like that shitfest Nicaragua all over again. Sure in theory the theme will dissolve, but they’ve picked enough annoying young dumb American males to ensure the theme will linger to the end. I mean they only want to align with the cool and pretty people.

1 Like

^ LOL. It’s too early to tell anyway. For me there were enough interesting characters in just the first episode to have my interest.

As I predicted next week 9 will air a double so we will get back on track. Looks like it will be 9.30pm Thursdays as its usual airtime.

Maybe.

So what was the point in delaying it. Stupid nine.

Why has Nine been promoting tonight’s episode of Survivor as “just hours after the U.S.” when it’s a week old?

2 Likes

Just 170 hours

Great news for fans of US version. TV Tonight says from today, each new episode will be added to 9Now before its primetime broadcast.
If Seven will only do a similar thing for new season of The Amazing Race when it airs early next year.

1 Like

Last week’s premiere was also on 9Now before it was on TV.

That’s awesome! I will prob end up watching it at 7.30pm like they used to have it on Go that way.

Btw episode 2 was awesome. Much better than the second. Looking forward to ep 3 tonight.

Is there a start date yet for Amazing Race?

Due to low ratings, Survivor has been moved to 11pm from next week. Knew this would happen, Nine should have just left it on Go!.

Source: TvTonight

3 Likes

I just don’t get the move to 9 when it worked so well on GO for years. The launched a 90min episode after 10.30pm in some states and a double episodes the following week which went late as well. It was pointless. They killed this season on arrival and it was always going to rate this way. Put it back on GO 7.30 or 8.30pm where it belongs.

1 Like

Will anyone be in LA 29/30 October. You can attend the EWPopFest where you can compete in real Survivor challenges with some called by Jeff Probst

Now that was an awesome episode! As glad as I am that he played it, I’m not sure what Dave was thinking in playing that Idol. I don’t see the point in playing an Idol for anyone other than yourself pre-merge. Jessica refused to believe them that she was being voted out and even blabbed on what they told her… yet he was willing to give up his Idol to save her. I’m thinking it must have been more a move to get rid of Lucy who was going against them than anything else.

Funny moment in the challenge with Michaela running around topless.

An idea for Survivor to bring back contestants - Survivor International - Australia v NZ v South Africa v America. Obviously wait a couple of years to see if the Australian and NZ versions have good enough contestants but it would be a good series.

Yeah it could work but apparently there would be some legality issues if they did something like that in the US (something weird to do with prize money, taxes for non-American citizens). That wouldn’t necessarily stop another international version trying to scoop up other countries contestants though. If Aus Survivor and NZ Survivor gets more than 3 or so seasons it wouldn’t surprise me if they went down the path of Aus vs NZ. I’m just wondering if our contestants are as willing to play again like some of the Americans are. 55 days again is a massive commitment.

Also interesting side note - Rupert appeared on Survivor Israel… as a reward! A tribe actually won him. :joy: