Survivor (US)

I don’t think so. The single vote for Jason was a pointless vote having no affect on the outcome and will probably be explained next episode. The editing was right to be focused on whether a brain was going or if the girls would flip and vote out Nick.

I understand and agree with what your saying. Still my point stands we miss out on a LOT of good footage from the American version because it is only an hour in length. 2 hours a week will be interesting.

No I disagree. It gets tedious and I always find the eps without a reward challenge quite boring. How many times can you watch a group of American bogans argue this person should be voted off…no it should be that person…actually it should be that person etc. Drives me insane.

Each to their own i guess. If the australian version goes down the path of more strategy talk I believe I will enjoy it more. The rest of you can stick to the American version :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m definitely with Firetorch on this one.
Have you watched any recent seasons of US Big Brother? They vote each other out like Survivor and have 3 episodes a week but the strategy talk just goes on and on and in circles. 3/4 of what they show you each week is pointless. I don’t think extra airtime is going to necessarily mean additional strategy talk either. It’s more likely going to mean more drawn out challenges (biggest loser style that go for 30 mins), a greater focus on the day to day survival things at the camp with a bit of strategy on the side.

1 Like

No I haven’t watched any of the US Big Brother.

Wow that ep was the definition of crazy! Scott and Jason are absolute pigs. They disgust me. Up there as some of the most feral contestants this show has had. I don’t understand what they are thinking. Get to the end and neither stand a chance of winning after doing all that stuff at camp.

Then we had that tribal. WHAT THE F!!! I’m just flabbergasted that the guys survived AND the idols. I’m not sure what that stunt was all about giving to Tai. I really am still lost for words as to what happened. Next week preview shows a chance Tai could be lured over so pray this happens. At this point don’t care who wins as long as its one of the girls. Aubrey seems very smart.

I just hope this girl alliance doesn’t go and crumble now.

Can’t believe they got rid of Debbie - bad move IMO; too scared to take a risk! I think the Tai idol play was possibly about expecting a 3-way tie then a revote and the super idol used at the end or perhaps they just wanted to show off.

Really enjoying this season. I’m all team Cydney.

I think the whole Idol thing was to show off and use scare tactics without ever using them. The Debbie vote was a strange one but I guess that’s what happens when people run scared. If they voted for one of the guys with an Idol the guys could then pretty much dictate who goes… at least here they had control. Still I think they should have only done that if it was Julia… they could have easily rid of Scot last night! I don’t know what’s going to happen next week. Julia seems dodgy as and if the numbers even up a little I do see it as potentially smart to go with the guys from her perspective as she would win against them.Tai is probably thinking the same way although I don’t think he is smart enough for that. He’s like a little kid following the bad boys and having their bad influences rub off on him.

From what I could see the Debbie vote was planned before tribal. I don’t think they ran scared because of the idols. They have now flushed the idols out and know where they are. So this makes it a bit easier. The only issue is that the boys have all the power and can wait until the vote to decide whether or not they are going to use it.

Tai is just annoying. I want to say he is stupid, but he is probably playing the smartest game. Letting the other two look the bad ones and being kept in because they want the other two gone.

Yeah but the reason they decided to get rid of Debbie instead of one of the guys was because of Idols. Aubrey was certain that the reason they guys were doing that stuff around camp was to make them vote for them and they would play the Idols. They were hoping sacrificing one of their own would flush out Idols yet they could have voted Scott or Jason and got rid of them.

Regardless I’m not liking this super Idol. It’s too much power for 2 or 3 people to have. Everyone is running scared because of it and you can’t really strategise around it until you make them play it.

1 Like

It is a lot of power. Too much power. I think they will remove it after this season - as they didn’t use it in the previous season which was filmed after this season.

How many idols do those tools have? Is is two or three?

Two, but when the two are combined they form a super idol which can be played after the votes are read.

1 Like

Not a fan of the super-idol as seen this season - ie one that can be used to save any player rather than just the holder.

Typical Americans, they have to super-size everything :neutral_face:

1 Like

I agree, I hate the super idol. Especially when two of the most odious people to play the game appear to be in control of it. I hope a comeuppance is coming their way.

1 Like

The rule should be that the super Idol should only be able to be played as a super idol if the person voted out has both Idol’s in their possession prior to the vote. The current scenario it seems as though none of the 3 guys will ever go until the super Idol is actually used because if one of them gets voted out they can just hand whoever it is both of the Idol’s and they are safe. It’s pretty ridiculous.

Also Turdall I wouldn’t necessarily rule out them bringing back the Super Idol concept just beause it wasn’t used in Second Chance. When filming they knew this season would come second, so wanted to implement a twist for this one to bring an evolution to the game that differentiated it from the other season. There’s every chance they could continue with it next season (which is currently being filmed) although one would hope they are getting enough of a backlash about it that it won’t come back.

I didn’t realise that. Hope they don’t bring it back though. Or if they do change the rule somewhat. It is just promoting bullies in the game.

Yeah it’s way too much power. I know they are trying to think of things outside the standard Idol’s to bring another angle to the game, but if they must do that I would prefer things like giving someone an extra vote (which they did the last couple of seasons). Something like that used the right time could be more exciting and game changing than an Idol.

1 Like