Supermarkets and Retail

As are many pharmaceutical products which are sold in Australia…

1 Like

It is, Homebrand is from Woollies, although Woolworths Select is made in India I believe. Interesting
the brand names don’t state where they’re made. I’d assume one of the major brands is making the Home Brand.

1 Like

Well I stumbled upon this on FB, spanning years with someone asking where Panadol is made. Apparently much of it is made locally, but as they’re not required to state where is is made, they don’t! Thought they’d be proud to be made locally even if from imported ingredients.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting in touch. There are currently no requirements to include the country of origin on medicines in Australia. This is because the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) reviews and approves all overseas manufacturing of medicines for quality prior to allowing them to be marketed in Australia

For your information, the supply chain for our adult Panadol products is as follows:

Standard Panadol tablets – made and packed in Australia
Panadol Mini Caps – made and packed in Australia
Panadol Adult 500mg Suppositories – made and packed in Australia
Panadol with Optizorb – made in Ireland and packed in Australia
Panadol Extra with Optizorb – made in Ireland and packed in Australia
Panadol Rapid – made in Ireland and packed in Australia
Panadol Raid Soluble – made and packed in Australia
Panadol Osteo – made in Spain and packed in Australia

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Many thanks,
The Panadol Australia Team

1 Like

hm. might give it a go when I need ultra fast pain relief.

5 Likes

Perfect for that pain in the arse.

7 Likes

The Kmart in Maryborough Vic seemed quite small like a Target Country when I was there a few years ago, I doubt it has been expanded as Bendigo and Ballarat are only an hour or so away.

2 Likes

The home brand stuff is actually not easy to swallow from my perspective, often couldn’t stomach their tablets or capsules. Tend to go Nurophens if I need quick painkilling relief, tends to work best for me.

Hmmm…seems familiar.

Plus this bonus funny vid

2 Likes

Same company, just the Canadian franchise.
Doesn’t make it any less weird mind you.

Myer CEO Richard Umbers has been sacked by the company’s board due to slump in sales.

I was thinking that it was a ripoff and the music was made possible due to it been on the audio network.

Who Knew…

Look at the fit out of the shop, it’s identical to Baker’s Delight which reeks of hot bread ship circa 1990, before BD all but wiped out the high street bakery.

As for that “funny” video, surprised neither Worksafe or BD have had that pulled.

My local Baker’s Delight closed down for good last month whilst I was away. Apparently the franchise fees are ridulous.

At the same time my local Cafe 63 closed for renovations. Sad times.

I’d read that about Brumby’s Bakeries, but had assumed Baker’s Delight were at least somewhat better?

I’ve seen equal numbers of both disappear in the last 12 months, they definitely seem to be downsizing quite a bit.

Myer is in a pretty bad place currently. They will probably need to poach somebody very senior from within WOW or WES because nobody else is probably capable of transforming it.

Going to take 5+ years to fix that.

1 Like

They just routinely underpay junior staff and claim its the franchisee being dodgy. Why are they forced to hire so many junior staff and underpay them I wonder?

Woolworths did this ages ago in Victoria except for select stores.

I am hating the new software in the Woolies self-checkout machines. More buttons to press than before, and every time you select Fruit & Veg a recorded message tells you what to do. So if you have five items of fruit & veg you hear the message five times. I was telling it to shut up after only the second item.

5 Likes

Did it?

2 Likes