Supermarkets and Retail

I know I’ve said it before but personally, I think the original or “Classic” version of Coca Cola is still the best.

The diet/sugar free versions of Coke and indeed all soft drinks can never be quite the same as the original no matter how much they try.

4 Likes

Probably because you’re addicted to the 40 grams of sugar in each 375ml can.

6 Likes

Official rankings: Coke > Pepsi Max > Coke Zero > Pepsi > Pepsi Light > Every Generic Cola > Diet Coke

5 Likes

Coke Zero is the only one I drink. How annoying.

1 Like

You haven’t tasted the new version yet. Apparently the lab rats loved it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The review I read said it tastes more like the original :roll_eyes:

Well isn’t that a good thing? But then again, who did the review?

Well it was the article with the Coke release.

Which I’d say would be based on a Coke press release rather than actual taste review. No mention of it being less carcinogenic or less likely to cause stroke and dementia. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s the real thing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Im not sure where you’re going with this.

Just pointing out how bad these types of soft drinks are. I used to be a big drinker of Pepsi Max and before that Diet Coke and before that Pepsi and Coke. I’ve gone off them now apart from the occasional mix with Scotch.

The only soft drinks I have now is Mount Frankin Sparkling Water with natural lemon or lime flavour. It’s a decent alternative to colas.

That’s the only pre-packaged carbonated beverage I drink these days. If I’m eating out somewhere or in a bar I’ll usually have soda water with a small dash of lemonade. I was addicted to Coke in my teenage years. It ruined my teeth and caused me to pile on heaps of weight. As soon as I stopped drinking it I started to lose weight and felt so much healthier. Had a sip of Coke a couple of Christmases ago and recoiled at how sickly sweet it tasted.

3 Likes

I know what you mean. Gave up soft drinks in mid 2014, was offered a free Coke after finishing a work event in Nov 2015 and couldn’t drink more than a sip. Haven’t had any since.

2 Likes

Same! The only time I have soft drink is as a mixer with rum or vodka. Otherwise it’s usually water, coffee or homemade lemon cordial for me nowadays.

Used to have a bit as a kid. I found I feel better mentally and physically if I cut out unnecessary sugar from my diet.

1 Like

I think the new one might be out in sample forms in places, a girl working at the pub I run trivia nights at was telling me last night (before the news article released this morning) saying that their Coke supplier had said they were dropping Zero and I’m pretty sure she said she had a taste of the new one and she said it was just like the proper Coke. She’s actually a bit disappointed though as she drinks Zero and has become so used to the taste, like me. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

CCA looks desperate with all these constant changes to the Coke lineup and branding.
Personally I don’t drink any Colas… just grew out of the flavour I suppose. If I want a sweet drink I’ll normally get something a bit tart/bitter like a San Pellegrino Lemon or Grapefruit.

2 Likes

+1 Tango is nice, if you can get it.

No Sugar Coke should sponsor the 2DayFM breakfast show.

Both brands chop and change so much they are the perfect match!

1 Like

No Vanilla Coke?!

2 Likes