Supermarkets and Retail

And what happened to New Coke?

What even was New Coke?

What about Cuke? It’s heaven in a can!

I suppose Cheery Coke could be added to the list.

I don’t believe “New Coke” was ever introduced into Australia. I was fascinated by how the Americans reacted to it when it was introduced and how the company dealt with the backlash from consumers. It even got covered on Entertainment Tonight because of the big budget marketing campaign, featuring celebrities and sports stars, Coke invested in.

Coca-Cola obviously learnt a lot from that experience. They’re being very cautious about introducing this new no sugar version into the American market having tested it in Mexico and other markets first. Coke’s intention to phase out the “Zero” brand would suggest they’re keeping their options open about dumping it should the reaction to the new product be negative.

2 Likes

I was comparing just the plain varieties.

Obviously you’d just add this to the beginning:

Pepsi Blue > Vanilla Coke > Vanilla Pepsi Max

1 Like

No Pepsi Max Lime?

Arguably the best flavour!

2 Likes

There was also a Pepsi Max Lemon. They still sell that overseas as a standard offering.

1 Like

I loved Pepsi Blue

1 Like

Is that as good as Star Trek’s Romulan Ale?

http://www.seriouseats.com/images/20090507-romulan-ale.jpg

3 Likes

What about Pepsi Clear?

ETA: I just did a search on this and apparently it was called Crystal Pepsi in the US and Canada but they used Pepsi Clear in Mexico. I’m pretty sure that name was used in Australia too. Anybody else remember it?

1 Like

So did I as a kid. Some time ago, I found an Asian grocer selling cans of the stuff, imported from Indonesia. Decided to buy one and can’t say I still did liked it.

Over in the UK, I had something called Fanta Still.

Can say, it was pretty good :wink:

Have all the Bi Lo stores been rebranded to Coles? I’m sure I’ve seen the “also available at Bi Lo” note in the Coles catalogue recently but it wasn’t in this week’s.

Apparently still one in the Hyperdome in Loganholme, QLD - but that’s the last remaining location.
It’s still on Google Maps… maybe a local can verify?

I heard it is shutting down soon.

Some became Foodworks.

So some googling tells me that Loganholme is the last one, and it is closing on 30 June.

1 Like

I much prefer Diet Coke over anything else. Coke Zero tastes bitter. Regular Coke tastes alright, but the calories and sugar is crazy high. Pepsi Max is almost too sweet, but it’s the one I drink most often because it’s usually cheaper than Diet Coke.

A comparison between logos on Westfield Southland’s exterior on the east side. First taken in January, 2013, second taken in September last year.

3 Likes