Supermarkets and Retail

With how much Woolworths charge for that in-house sushi I suspect there’s going to be some heavy short dated discounting going on!

1 Like

In My store, the in-house sushi is one of our biggest sellers and often is sold out.

1 Like

Bit of a difference between a full line supermarket and a petrol station convenience store though.

2 Likes

true true.

1 Like

Is this Sushi bar leased out and run externally?

1 Like

At the normal supermarkets yes.

1 Like

and honestly even as a sushi lover, i’m very dubious on petrol station sushi. its one of the things that can easily go bad and the las thing you want is food poisoning whilst on a long drive

1 Like

As it’s the same provider as the ones at the full-service Woolworths, I would assume it would the same procedure, the bar ran externally but the product(s) scanned at the standard manned/self-service checkouts. (Ampol does have self-service checkouts at the WW MetroGo and selected larger ‘Foodary’ sites).

1 Like

I was only thinking the other day if Woolies still had their sushi offering. I used to have it in Perth in the CBD, however haven’t seen it at my local Woolies here in Melbs. (Altho, id say my suburb is probs not the demographic for sushi).

1 Like

My local Woolworths at The Glen still sell fresh made sushis. The same outlet also makes Japanese rice bowls and fried food which are placed on the same steel counter as bagged roast chicken and roast beef.

3 Likes

According to their website there are plenty inside Woolworths stores.

1 Like

There was a Woolies supermarket near me that randomly had a sushi bar in it run via an external lease. It only lasted about three years because the people they had in there left and they couldn’t get anyone to take it over. So it will be interesting to see how this goes.

1 Like

Went to Northlands in Preston today for the first time. Interesting centre. Not what I was expecting.

*Norflandz

Seems like a rebrand for the sake of a rebrand to me.

1 Like

Determined to shake off its reputation as a discount brand.

I never considered them to be ‘discount’

4 Likes

I also love a rebrand to a name where they don’t own the domain…. So will still be Strandbags.com.au

3 Likes

Yes. I always feel guilty in these luggage places like they make out I’m getting a good deal, when I’m not. Always some permanent 50% off signage up every time I walk past.

Harris Scarfe and Spotlight play with that model also. Drives me up the wall. So Harris Scarfe sell some Appliance for $70 that they claim has a RRP of like $120. Then BIGW sell it for $50….365 days of the year. RRP should be set by the supplier and be uniform for all retailers.

Don’t get me started on House/Robins Kitchen. They have own branded kitchen items that they mark up to stupid levels then market them as 80% off.

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Brands, Products and Promotions