Supermarkets and Retail

David Jones’ $50 million makeover of its Bourke Street Melbourne store is now complete.

Oh no!

4 Likes

Have Twisties instead. Made from corn and rice.

1 Like

LOL. first world problems.

2 Likes

My local Sanity shut up shop for good :frowning:

Surprised this is still around. The one that was near me shut 4 years ago.

I was surprised to see a Sanity in Mandurah Forum this past week.

Haven’t seen one in years but there are a few still open in regional NSW.

When I was looking for a job as a teenager Sanity was one of the places I really wanted to work lol.

1 Like

The Sanity we had in Frankston is now a Schnitzel restaurant.

There is a Sanity at Lansell Plaza in Kangaroo Flat (Bendigo) however at Bendigo Marketplace it shut a few years ago and is now a jewellery store.

You only need to go onto the Sanity website to see other categories they are trying to push to be relevant.

Sanity used to be a destination when we were kids. Store was enormous. They had those listening stations which you could put the headphones on and cycle different CDs. That was 20 years ago.

Who remembers Dick Smith Powerhouse? That was another. We used to ride our bikes there when the new release CD singles came out which they sold for $5. I recall paying $200 for some 128gb MP3 player when they first became a thing too. $60 for a 256mb USB too. World has really changed when looking back that far!

4 Likes

There is still a Sanity in Gateway Plaza Warrnambool, they were selling things like jigsaw puzzles when I was in the Bool earlier this year

1 Like

We still got some Sanity stores in Tassie.

And Newcastle?

No.

Armidale
Campbelltown
Goulburn
Grafton
Griffith
Lithgow
Mittagong
Nowra
Orange
Port Macquarie
Tamworth
Taree

Different stores and diversifications completely, but it’s funny how we don’t find it odd that JB Hifi is still selling dvds and cds.

Anyway, Sanity is plugging a “huge announcement” on its website in a couple of days.

Well, it’s a “ge announcemen” if you go to the website on an iPhone.

i think because i personally don’t think of JB as a DVD / CD store. its basically a modern Dick Smith, that sells CDs and DVDs as a sideline. at my local store the CD and DVD section is tucked away upstairs and is getting smaller and smaller with pop vinyls, various pop culture crap and t-shirts taking up more space

Probably the other part of this is JB HIFI has always sold a lot of CDs and DVDs that are hard to find anywhere else.