Supermarkets and Retail

The disclaimer in their current catalogue states “Promotional prices and products may not be available at Coles Express, Coles online, Coles Local…” but then lists excluded stores for Deli products etc but stating “not available” (as opposed to “may not be available”. So that suggests to me that if a special is found in a Coles Local that matches a catalogue, it’s probably going to be few and far between.

I like Yeos Grass Jelly drink.

Is that the old Bilo? I reckon Cairns Central looks very similar to Galleria in Perth in terms of the main mall.

Generally catalogue specials are the same price in Metro as they are at a regular Woolies, but some specials are priced a bit higher otherwise.

New cinema open in Yeppoon last week in the old area that Target Country was in … amazing they’ve put in 6 cinemas , 2 of them “Gold Rooms” with reclining seats … hasn’t been a cinema in the town since 2002. Owned independently like the one in Gladstone.

Pricing is…

A photo off Facebook someone took of one of the rooms

Coles was also upgraded a bit new fridges, new instore bakery , that brick look on the outside as you walk in .

Unfortunately not one specialty store is open just a bunch of empty spaces with those white walls up… guess they had to build it before they fill it.

Supposed to be a Pattysmiths and Groove Train in a food court area but not yet in . The blue is the actual centre the other is carpark and Snap Fitness moved to a new building.

Seems the centre has had many owners with the latest one being Handler Property. This was a 25 million dollar redevelopment.

5 Likes

Tahmoor in NSW has gone one slightly better.

Ampol/EG actually replaced where the Woolworths logo would’ve normally be with a big ‘EG’ logo. The Save 4c sign did look a bit out of place with the big EG logo above it (instead of the Woolworths logo).

1 Like

On a related note, EG just updated their website and included the ‘cheap version’ of the EG Ampol pylon. That version just involves removing the “Caltex” box and replacing it with a Ampol branded one, and replacing the big Woolworths sign with a big EG sign.

3 Likes

I went to Moss Vale today, do not have any photos but the EG there had Ampol Woolworths signage similar to Bowral.

My Local Target still has some older signage

3 Likes

Just ad bad as BIGW who still have ‘we sell for less’ at the front of stores even though that went out the window what in the mid 2000s. Is it really that hard to pull those words off plug the holes with filler snd repaint behind it? Not really a costly job.

Wonder why there is still a difference in minimum spend for online shops between Coles and Woolies $50 vs $30 you would think Coles would drop to the same as Woolies.

Strangely enough I’ve seen a few Big W stores having the 1989-2000s logo, but with the slogan box removed. Makes it look even more odd.

2 Likes

It is believed chips in 45g, 90g and 170g bags could be contaminated with plastic pieces, which could cause injury if eaten.

2 Likes

As mentioned by Urzila Carlson on Have You Been Paying Attention? tonight, New Zealand’s first Costco store opened in Auckland last week.

2 Likes

Listed shopping centre behemoth Scentre is breaking new ground in Melbourne’s east, unveiling plans to add a 25-metre swimming pool to its $355 million revamp of Westfield Knox.

Scentre is rolling out a suite of new community focused uses for the centre, including a 2000 square metre library, in a bid to attract and keep more customers on the floor.

Stage one, a new fresh food market on level 1, is due to open by the end of the year. Stage two, rolling out next year, includes the Aquatic Achievers swim school, a new food court, basketball courts and a library.

https://www.commercialrealestate.com.au/news/westfield-knox-breaks-new-ground-with-355m-facelift-1171520/

Good news, but also a quiet acknowledgement that the existing centre space was too large to be fully leased with anchors / retailers and I suspect a test of things to come, particularly if a major department store goes out of business in the near future.

Chadstone growing. Again.

1 Like

Imagine if your job was just to scour twitter and re-post tweets in the form of a ‘breaking news’ article. Lawd.

6 Likes

Took some photos today at the newly renovated and rebranded Coles Local at Earlwood. The renos seem to be completed now. Some good take-away sandwiches, salads and snacks at the front, although i groaned at all the signage now calling it “To Go”.

The good news is that they have the same prices as a regular Coles and the usual specials are available here too.

2 Likes

I’d love to see the reduced to clear section of some of these Coles Local’s… I suspect you’d see some good bargains on the excess grab and go stuff.

2 Likes